Thought you might find this interesting...

ha. I listned to scream aim fire when it first came out and thought "Wow they don't really suck anymore... beter download the album first before i buy... O...K... there's one song on the album that isn't total shit... FAIL"

I actually like Bullet for My Valentine..... BUT thats besides the point. When can we look forward to hearing this?

I actually like Bullet for My Valentine..... BUT thats besides the point. When can we look forward to hearing this?

:lol:

Really looking forward to this one!! What I'm especially interested to see is how those high notes (gaaAAAAtes) went for you, Matt. :p

This whole damn cover is going to be interesting

New vocal experience for Matt, and Ol will be playing a solo so full of emotion that it would be hard to play and capture the same feeling that one gets from that solo.

I really want to see this song flipped on it's backside and raped

In a good way. If that makes any sense.

Covers are great if they are done differently than the original, even if it isn't as good as the original. I hate hearing a cover that sounds pretty much the same as the original, I might as well just go listen to the original.

I can't wait to hear the Evile's Cover, I'm only hope that Evile has changed it to make it their own, and not just a imitation of the original.

hahahahaha change cemetary gates? try and actually think how you could make that song sound terrible at best by doing it differently....

we tried, we thought, we considered, we played, we toyed. we failed, it sounds shit trying to change that song, its perfect as it is, pantera nailed it. I have a new level of respect for pantera now as to how they wrote, arranged and recorded that song and made it awesome, it would be so easy to make it cheesy, but they avoided it. they won.

you can't change cemetary gates.

hahahahaha change cemetary gates? try and actually think how you could make that song sound terrible at best by doing it differently....

we tried, we thought, we considered, we played, we toyed. we failed, it sounds shit trying to change that song, its perfect as it is, pantera nailed it. I have a new level of respect for pantera now as to how they wrote, arranged and recorded that song and made it awesome, it would be so easy to make it cheesy, but they avoided it. they won.

you can't change cemetary gates.

Exactly. I applaud you and the size of your massive collective balls for even trying it, its one of those songs thats pretty much off limits to everyone - much in the same way as Tornado of Souls - and those who DO attempt to cover such tracks will fail 99.9% of the time because they try to change it or they quite simply fucking suck. FACT.

I have a good feeling about this though, you guys know what you're doing and I doubt you'd have chosen such a song if you didn't think you could pull it off.

But yeah - changing Cemetary Gates is illegal and punishable by death. Simple as that.

I hate covers for that reason, when people cover godly songs and ruin them, although i dont mind when GOOD bands do them... so evile should be awesome as i love the band alot (obv)

for example bullets covers... I WANT TO FUCKING CUT EVERY SQUARE CM OF THEIR BODIES WITH A CHAINSAW!!! THE FUCKING. CUNTS!! argghh it enrages me so much.