Thought you might find this interesting...

Yes just saw them live last Oct. His voice if fantastic!!!

The best part of Reinventing the Steel is Yesterday Don't Mean Shit!!! Words to live by...(helped me though some pretty rough times)

I love Reinventing. I love all of Pantera's albums to be honest.... Except for their hair metal albums. Fuck hair metal. FUCK IT.:mad:

I love Reinventing. I love all of Pantera's albums to be honest.... Except for their hair metal albums. Fuck hair metal. FUCK IT.:mad:

At last someone mentioned Hair Metal, I haven't heard any of Pantera's material because of their hairstyle at the time and it put me right off ever listening to them, to this day, despite people raving about a vulgar display of power, I still haven't heard it because I don't listen to bands because people rave about them and say things like, you must listen to this because it's brilliant, one, they have passed their judgement onto me therefore depriving me of making my own judgement and I would hate it if I said I like it and that person would say, I told him that he would like it, nuhuh, I want to discover bands under my own steam, I don't mind bands asking me to accept them on myspace because they aren't forcing themselves on me but just mearly asking me to listen to their material.

I always love going to gigs as that is the best place to see if a band is really good as I said before, I caught Evile on SKY and I thought to myself, I have to see this band and I believe that my choice has been vindicated as Evile are undoubtedly one of the most exciting bands on the scene right now.

The Glamtera records are pretty lame- the first three are anyway. Power Metal is great.

I've been lstening to The Great Southern Trendkill and thats infinitely better than I remember it too. The fuck mang!

That's the only reason Glam and Hair metal were successful, all the women bought their records, and guys bought their records just to impress the women.

Hair Metal is full of posers.

But, this topic is not about hair metal, of even Pantera, its about a cover of Cemetery Gates. :lol: Matt, can we get a date pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaasssssse?

It will be on the cover cd of the Metal Hammer Dimebag tribute issue thats out in December, with other covers by Machine Head, Chimaira, Devildriver and others....

No idea how other bands have approached their covers, but we just did a straight "play it as good as the original as we can" cover.

Im kind of a lurker. But I decided to register just to say that im looking forward to hearing Matt hitting the high "Gaaaaaaaaaaatesssssssss" in the end of the song :D

I'm looking forward to the start the most, i really like all of eviles stuff where its one guitar playing something, usually clean and another doing little bits over the top.
Come to think of it, im quite looking forward to 2 guitars :)

Someone told me that Ben hit the high notes? I can't remember who, might've been Ol? :confused:

That would be awesome. So far hes done: Infecteeeeeedddd, infecteeeeeeeddddd, infected, infecteeeeeed. Whos Ted and why is he in a feck? Maybe more? :devil:

haha yeah ben did the high notes at the end, i tried, i could hit the actual note but i couldn't make it sound convincing, i sounded like kate bush impersonating king diamond, so ben stepped in and did them.