Thoughts on the novelty factor in music

Great music Drew! Worthy of any tool fans time, fans of any genre really

Cheers dude! :)

It's always tricky trying to use your influences to sell your music to people.. you want to be treated as an individual band.

We constantly get compared to Tool, ISIS, Pelican, and occasionally Mastodon and Red Sparrowes.

But personally, I legitimately feel like what we do is quite unique and special. I've been in tons of other bands before where I felt like it was completely stereotypical, and basically not interesting... they didn't last long! :OMG:

I think it´s a natural impulse of people to compare bands. For ex: I think that the band Evergrey are unique but there are people comparing them to some shitty power metal bands that has nothing similar. A lot of people need to put a label on a band.

But I fully agree that bands nowadays throws a zillions riffs together and mix that with fucked time signatures and then call it a song!lol Doing something like tool it´s million times harder that is creating a riff that have some kind of dynamic that seems to flows for minutes without be boring to hell and back. In my opinion this is art.

BTW....... just bought the new BTBAM album yesterday and it is amazing just like all of their records before it. I have been listing to this band since self titled so I feel like I have grown up with the band in a way. But on a song writing and overall vibe of the new album it's badass! love it.