Thrash Metal Mix Opportunity Real Drums

MetalMiller's mix inspired me to update mine ;-).
I adjusted the kick's and the guitar's EQ.
Update is here
Just listened back to my latest mix and I consider my first mix the better one.

EDIT: I guess, I'll tweak the guitars and BV some more tonight. The gtrs will get somewhere between my first and my second mix (a bit brighter that is). Hopefully I can resist replacing the kick and snare, because the thread's title says "...mix opportunity real drums" ;-).
Can't wait to listen to Sinister Mephisto's mix!

Here's my mix.

I'm actually very satisfied with the result thus far, probably gonna listen tomorrow again when my ears are fresh. Drums needed a-lot of work though, it was all over the place timing wise. Tis an awesome song by the way. Normally i don't really like this kind of thrash but this song is just epic, hope i contributed to that factor :)

Cheers Shallow. I was drumming, this wasn't my best effort. I was struggling with pedals that kept coming apart. Not good for double kicking loose pedals. Great job on the drums though!

Cheers Shallow. I was drumming, this wasn't my best effort. I was struggling with pedals that kept coming apart. Not good for double kicking loose pedals. Great job on the drums though!

Thanks! Yeah definitely the kick was the one which i had to quantize the most. How do you like the mix for the rest?

Listening back it's sounding a little wooly (is that a word?) in the bass region, and drums can be brought back a little. Gonna work on that tomorrow

The Youthanasian desire or intention for this production was a bit of a surprise to me but I've been bangin' my head to your song for a couple of hours now thinking what a pity it is that the sounds of Death Angel and the likes isn't around anymore (well I saw the latter one this summer but please get my drift..).. still?!

Thanks for sharing Fury, here's an old school yet somewhat modern blehe (with some inherent "drop-outs" :lol:)

http://duskaudioproductions.com/upload/other/sneapsters/Joel_Fury/Dawn%20Of%20Survival%20(Hoeglund%20Old%20School%20Somewhat%20Mastered).mp3

and here's the raw mix, it's the 32bit wav ...

http://duskaudioproductions.com/upload/other/sneapsters/Joel_Fury/Dawn%20Of%20Survival%20(Hoeglund%20Old%20School%20Mix).wav

-- Hoeglund

Hi guys, sorry about lack of responses yesterday! Some great stuff, good job on the drums, I know the double kicking was not up to scratch! We're going to sit down as a band and go through all the mixes tomorrow. If you could email me at alasdair@alasdairdavis.com with quotes to mix the other 4 tracks that'll be going on the CD.

Obviously as an unsigned band we've got to work to a budget so cost will be considered. Again I offer my services as a Marketer with experience marketing bands online and also Napster.

Again many thanks for your mixes they've blown us away! Hope you too have aenjoyed working with our stuff.

Regards,

Alasdair

Fury