Thrash, random favorite albums

Griffin- said:
oh, and Chainsaw - Smell the Saw
everyone into oldschool thrash with a modern touch, get it :D

Nope, strongly disagree here Griffin, saw them live last week and the band isn't worth any attention in my opinion. No oldschool Metal whatever, they give a complete wrong image of the 80's thrash and/or Metal scene. Bands like this would be kicked of the stage back then... Funny to watch ? Maybe... music wise; deep below avarage, and live was even worse.
Well, here are some samples, so everyone can judge for their own.
http://www.chainsaw.nl/mp3.htm

Sorry coming down hard you like this lady, I'll try to make up with some nice "real" oldschool vinyl rips for ya ;)

Oh yeah, some of my favorit oldschool thrash (some on the close line of crossover or Metal);
Znöwhite ; All Hail to thee
Zoetrope ; Amnesty
Toxik ; World Circus
Exodus ; Bonded by blood
Agent Steel; Sceptics Apocalypse
Hirax : Raging Violence
SOD; Speak English or Die
Laaz Rockit ; City's gonna burn
Abattoir ; Vicious Attack
Slayer ; All
Death Angel : Ultra Violence
Piledriver : Metal Inquisition
DRI : DRI
Savage Grace : The Dominatress EP
Overkill : Feel the Fire
Testament ; the Legacy
Anthrax ; Fistfull of Metal
Destruction : Mad Butcher EP
Détente : Recognise no Authority
Exciter ; HM Maniac
etc..etc...

carnut said:
Nope, strongly disagree here Griffin,
DRI : DRI
etc..etc...

Now I want to disagree with the disagreer :lol:

I would not consider DRI thrash at all. They were among the forerunners of classical hardcore, even more than S.O.D. (which by their roots can be closer to thrash).

Wyvern said:
Now I want to disagree with the disagreer :lol:

I would not consider DRI thrash at all. They were among the forerunners of classical hardcore, even more than S.O.D. (which by their roots can be closer to thrash).

Okay, I agree with your disagreament...Early DRI isn't really thrash, more hardcore....I crossed that thin line I mentioned just a little bit ;)
now mentioned...the word "hardcore" is used alot again lately, like Hatebreed is concidered "hardcore" (just simple nu-metal to me) .... nothing to do with the 80's hardcore scene, of which several bands I liked alot...oh dear , that different metal streaming names again , haha, just don't react.....

Platinum Maze said:
No prob...I do realize that it is a newer album, and that it crosses MANY genres, but a lot of the riffs are thrash, IMO. Check out tracks 3, 6 & 7, for example. Bands like Sacrifice were a big influence for these guys, and I think their thrash influences shine through on Buried. But honestly, it's hard to throw this album into one genre.

ya really cant throw it into one Genre its impossible ... there are moments where the harmonised vocals remind me of Saigon Kick ... I first Buried about a year ago, My Jaw hit the floor! ... I have all their albums and it is by far the best and has flavor of every kind of metal imaginable ... so while you can can call it Thrash you can call it Death, Prog, Power, even Shades of Nu ... I really love this band and had the pleasure of seeing them a few months back awsome awsome band The Future of Metal IMO

Overkill Years Of Decay
Sodom Code Red
Anthrax Spreading The Disease
Overkill Bloodletting ( This album is consdiered weak by almost every Overkill fan but its actually close to my favorite one.)
Testament Practice What You Preach
Testmanet The Legacy
Testament The Gathering
Inflames Whoracle
Soilwork A predators portrait
The Haunted S/T
Dissection Storm Of Lights Bane
Gates Of Ishtar Dawn Of Flames
NightRage sweet vengeance
NightRage Descent Into Chaos
Dimension Zero Silnt Night Fever
Slayer Reign In Blood
Megadeth So Far So Good So What
Megadeth Peace Sells....

carnut said:
Nope, strongly disagree here Griffin, saw them live last week and the band isn't worth any attention in my opinion. No oldschool Metal whatever, they give a complete wrong image of the 80's thrash and/or Metal scene. Bands like this would be kicked of the stage back then... Funny to watch ? Maybe... music wise; deep below avarage, and live was even worse.
Well, here are some samples, so everyone can judge for their own.
Chainsaw - Smell the Saw

Sorry coming down hard you like this lady, I'll try to make up with some nice "real" oldschool vinyl rips for ya ;)
First of all never say sorry when you mean something :lol:
But no offence taken or anything, I even get your point. And you might even be right, I never saw them live, maybe if I did, I'd have a different opinion. Same venue as Brocas Helm right? I missed that because I went to see Laaz Rockit and Testament. Anyway, 'Smell the Saw' is an album with a 'wink' to it (is this even an English expression? no clue). Sarcasm and everything. Wait I reviewed the promo once let me see..here:

http://www.rockezine.net/asp/rez_areview.asp?ID=2042&review=Chainsaw - Smell The Saw

I mean the cover should say enough already haha. So yes they aren't real oldschool for sure, but I like the way they put their influences in a new 'jacket', that's probably not an English expression either but you get the point :D

And to go a bit offtopic about the vinylrips.. I'd love them. But as you might've noticed, I haven't been on soulseek for quite a while. The new disk I bought had errors and said files were corrupt. (luckily the mp3s aren't gone) I swapped the shitdisk with a new one, but the problems started all over again. Due to these problems, I can't connect to soulseek or any other download problem because they might be causing the problems... So that sucks pretty bad!

Griffin- said:
First of all never say sorry when you mean something :lol:
But no offence taken or anything, I even get your point. And you might even be right, I never saw them live, maybe if I did, I'd have a different opinion. Same venue as Brocas Helm right? I missed that because I went to see Laaz Rockit and Testament. Anyway, 'Smell the Saw' is an album with a 'wink' to it (is this even an English expression? no clue). Sarcasm and everything. Wait I reviewed the promo once let me see..here:

http://www.rockezine.net/asp/rez_areview.asp?ID=2042&review=Chainsaw - Smell The Saw

I mean the cover should say enough already haha. So yes they aren't real oldschool for sure, but I like the way they put their influences in a new 'jacket', that's probably not an English expression either but you get the point :D

And to go a bit offtopic about the vinylrips.. I'd love them. But as you might've noticed, I haven't been on soulseek for quite a while. The new disk I bought had errors and said files were corrupt. (luckily the mp3s aren't gone) I swapped the shitdisk with a new one, but the problems started all over again. Due to these problems, I can't connect to soulseek or any other download problem because they might be causing the problems... So that sucks pretty bad!

Aaah, good you are a forgiving person :)
I'll see when our roads cross again and put some stuff on CD again for ya if you can't get SS running again... :headbang:
oh yeah, there was a Belgian band called Viggen, remember THAT name !!

JonnyD said:
ya really cant throw it into one Genre its impossible ... there are moments where the harmonised vocals remind me of Saigon Kick ... I first Buried about a year ago, My Jaw hit the floor! ... I have all their albums and it is by far the best and has flavor of every kind of metal imaginable ... so while you can can call it Thrash you can call it Death, Prog, Power, even Shades of Nu ... I really love this band and had the pleasure of seeing them a few months back awsome awsome band The Future of Metal IMO

Yeah dude, I agree with all that, even the Saigon Kick part (I thought that too!). I was completely blown away when I picked it up last May. Within a month it climbed into my favorite albums ever. I saw them on 3/18 in upstate NY. They were great, but the venue sucked...and they were all fighting off strep and/or pneumonia. I posted my review at this thread:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188535

But looking at the thread, I see you were at the same show! Pretty funny. How far did you travel to get there???

Anyway, they are the future of metal to me as well. I hope their new singer and their other lineup changes work out. We'll see with the next studio album...

Well most of the people Ive talked to about it have said that it was rather weak in their opinion and that Killbox was better. Which is funny because i think Bloodletting blows killbox away accept for Devil by the Tail, Struck Down and Sound of Dying.