Thrash!

Why not just listen to Slayer? Way too many bands nowadays that go way beyond the line of influence by trying to sound exactly like said bands. It does sound good though.

Well, the main reason someone would is because Slayer went shit (in my opinion) quite quickly, so there's no harm in other bands filling in for people like me who only liked early Slayer. Secondary reason is you can never have enough derivative music within the context of a rapidly evolving world of music.

Basically I'm a caveman and fuck your new world.

Reactions: suckerleaf
Basically I'm a caveman and fuck your new world.
stop-trying.jpeg

.... haha, im just fucking with you. Old school shit is my first and foremost love when it comes to metal. Most of my favorite albums are from the 80's and early 90's.

Well, the main reason someone would is because Slayer went shit (in my opinion) quite quickly, so there's no harm in other bands filling in for people like me who only liked early Slayer.

Well where would you say they went to shit/dropped off? Because there's quite a bit of Slayer in that track. And i wasnt really asking a question there, just implying that they seem to be nothing more than a step above being a good Slayer cover band. Like Marty said a few pages back, a little bit too much "influence" there for me.

Secondary reason is you can never have enough derivative music within the context of a rapidly evolving world of music.
... which is the main reason i enjoy Christ Illusion and WPB albums. :kickass:

Reactions: suckerleaf and CiG
Damn if this is me trying too hard, imagine if I didn't try? I'd probably be a homeless rapist Donald Trump supporter screaming at Africans about how their cricket team sucks and that Indians smell bad.
I'd be dead.

For me, Slayer went down the toilet after South Of Heaven essentially but I enjoy Seasons In The Abyss when I'm in certain moods/feeling desperate.
Sort of like when your standards drop seasonally and you end up fucking that bitch with a body like a mother of two that still thinks they're sexy and to make up for it she's extra whorish.

Put it this way, Insane's Wait And Pray is a favourite of mine and that's basically the definition of derivative (not including Evile/Metallica because they're shit.)

i don't even like SOUTH OF HEAVEN much but that might have something to do with pre-SoH slayer being arguably my favorite band. obviously it's still pretty listenable, i just find it comparatively kind of lethargic and unimaginative, with blatantly shittier vocals.

Reactions: CiG
Obliterated, prog thrash from 2014 that's new to me. I like track 2 (starts at 6:21)

This EP is a free download on their facebook. They have a new album coming in early 2016

Last edited:
I'm actually liking that Jumalation track. The middle section is pretty nice, and while it's obviously Slayer (or I'd say even more Dark Angel) influenced it doesn't feel as cloney or sterile as most retro-thrash in that vein.

The Ripper song above sounds pretty legit too, some very subtle melody in there and I like their vocalist, sorta that undead, Malleus Maleficarum-era van Drunen thing going for him.

Reactions: Baroque and CiG
Is that song a cover? Around 0:19, I know that riff, just don't quite know where from. And the whole song sounds familiar. But I like it.

Reactions: Baroque
Is that song a cover? Around 0:19, I know that riff, just don't quite know where from. And the whole song sounds familiar. But I like it.

Yeah lol. I second guessed myself before posting it, I was like I've heard this before, did I already post this? Looking over the past few pages turns up nothing though