Thrash!

Can anyone recommend me some full lengths that kind of straddle the line of traditional metal (or power) and thrash? Vocals being more traditional and less thrash oriented would be nice too.

If you know a bunch please do post them, I'll eventually go through them all.

Refuge Denied by Sanctuary would be a good call. Sadly, their second album is like a totally different band and way too much like Nevermore for me to like it. I wish that they didn't go in such a lame musical direction.

Also, it might be obvious, but Helstar's first four albums.

Refuge Denied by Sanctuary would be a good call. Sadly, their second album is like a totally different band and way too much like Nevermore for me to like it. I wish that they didn't go in such a lame musical direction.

Also, it might be obvious, but Helstar's first four albums.

I just bought that Sanctuary album and it's the reason I decided to ask the question actually.

Helstar is great too.

Can anyone recommend me some full lengths that kind of straddle the line of traditional metal (or power) and thrash? Vocals being more traditional and less thrash oriented would be nice too.

This is more HBB's expertise but a lot of good ones have been mentioned so far. I'll think on it. Did you check out that Spellcaster track above? They're more on the heavy/speed side of things than thrash. You may like Enforcer from Sweden.

These come to my mind:

I'd say most of the essential trad/thrash have already been mentioned, but Have Mercy's EP and Deadly Blessing's Ascend from the Cauldron are worth a listen if you're into Helstar and can tolerate high-register/non-masculine vox. Fates Warning's No Exit can get pretty thrashy on occasion too actually, as much as the first Sanctuary album at least.