Thrash!

For big thrash fans, how would you rank a top five of the new (eg, forming in the last~10 years or so) thrash bands?
Vektor
Hexen
Exmortus
Warbringer

once i get to five i have a 3 way tie and then i start branching off into a much larger list so fuck it a top 4 will do lol.

... they all formed around 04-06 though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baroque
Vektor
Hexen
Exmortus
Warbringer

once i get to five i have a 3 way tie and then i start branching off into a much larger list so fuck it a top 4 will do lol.

... they all formed around 04-06 though.

I guess I'd be interested in your next 5 then. Warbringer is a given but I wouldn't put the other 3 that high. Vektor has disappointed me since Black Future. Hexen and Exmortus aren't bad but don't grab me. Hexen reminds me of Sylosis but I'd rather just listen to Sylosis for whatever reason. Newer Exmortus reminds me of Skeletonwitch with an extra dose of power metal. Not terrible but not blowing me away either. Older stuff was better. Looks like you tend to prefer thrash that tends toward the more technical side.

I guess I'd be interested in your next 5 then. Warbringer is a given but I wouldn't put the other 3 that high. Vektor has disappointed me since Black Future. Hexen and Exmortus aren't bad but don't grab me. Hexen reminds me of Sylosis but I'd rather just listen to Sylosis for whatever reason. Newer Exmortus reminds me of Skeletonwitch with an extra dose of power metal. Not terrible but not blowing me away either. Older stuff was better. Looks like you tend to prefer thrash that tends toward the more technical side.

i prefer all thrash and most of those bands aren't even that technically inclined tbh. The Exmortus and Skeletonwitch comparison was kind of weird too. But here are some of my other favorites ...

Witchaven
Skeletonwitch
Assaulter
Violator
Teleport
Black Fast
Obsessor
Ripper
Execution
Fueled by Fire(minus their first album)
Toxic Holocaust
Deathhammer
Hatchet
Gama Bomb
Hellbringer
Municipal Waste
Violent Omen

Some newer bands i really dig...
Vexovoid
Droid
Condor
Bestial Invasion
Expain

And even though they're older i definitely have to mention Nocturnal and Dekapitator.

edit:
@Dak
Assaulter...

Witchaven

Execution

Teleport

Last edited:
Vektor
Exmortus
Hexen
Warbringer
Black Fast
Havok
Violator
Fueled by Fire
Hatchet
Ripper

top 10. but there are so many good bands from the past ~15 years, as others have said Witchaven, Skeletonwitch, Teleport, Gama Bomb, Municipal Waste, also add in Warfect, Evile, Iron Reagan, Dust Bolt, Vampire, Deathraiser, Black Breath etc

Last edited: