1. Deathhammer
2. Razor
3. Slaughter
4. Toxic Holocaust
5. Witchaven

HM:

Sodom
Deströyer 666
Droid (if their debut was as thrashy as their previous EP they'd be in my list, but the full length just really isn't much of a thrash album)

I know Wastelander are often considered a thrash band but I've never really been comfortable considering them thrash. They just don't really thrash y'know? They're way more rock & roll riff-based, with some black metal, crust and speed metal perhaps. Similar to how War and Pain is called thrash even though it isn't really very thrashy. Easiest way to describe these things are "metalpunk" IMO which isn't a proper genre but people get what it means when they see it used.

Anyway, if Wastelander counts as thrash then they'd be my #1.

All that said, I really need to check out Vektor more thoroughly.

Reactions: Baroque
Top 5 newer bands for me would be something like

Deceptor
Power Trip
Vektor
Immaculate
Children

I guess. Deceptor stands far above the rest, Power Trip is the only band with more than one album that I really enjoy. Take the best songs from the last two Vektor albums, then edit heavily, and you'd have two very good albums. Could throw Trecelence, Malakyte, Bestial Invasion, Chronosphere, or Ripper in there about as easily for 4th and 5th place.

Reactions: Baroque
Top 5 newer bands for me would be something like

1. Deathhammer
2. Toxic Holocaust
3. Witchaven
4. Victimizer
5. Rapture (Greece)

Depending on how we define "newer" I guess because I know TH debuted in 1999 and Witchaven and Deathhammer debuted in 2006. I also really like majority of Municipal Waste's discography.

These guys fucking destroy:

:kickass:

Edit: swapped out Nocturnal for Victimizer.

Last edited:
Never seen Witchaven rated so highly but I have to approve since they're from my college town, and solid live. Some of their stuff is just nasty too, i can see the appeal

Reactions: CiG
i haven't heard any recent thrash that's stood out as amazing, but some stuff i've rated 3.5 or higher:
aura noir - aura noire
vomitor - pestilent death
beastiality - worshippers of unearthly perversions
condor - unstoppable power
power trip - nightmare logic
nuke - s/t
ripper - experiment of existence

haven't heard the new deathhammer yet but they rule.

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
Fast songs, silly song titles, silly lyrics, threats from other bands for breach of copyright. What's not to like about Lich King!

Reactions: Dak and Baroque
I thought Born of the Bomb and Super Retro Thrash were kinda cool. World Gone Dead listenable, everything else was kinda poopy.