Thrash!

Well when I had looked some time ago, there weren't really any but now looking again I see there are. Cheapest one is from UK. Thank you Brexit? lol

I typically try to find the cheapest one from the US. Looks like most are way cheaper than what Amazon is asking..

Speaking of buying CDs, I finally found Weave the Apocalypse for a decent auction price ($13). It's in the mail atm, hopefully not a ripoff :lol:

Remember those yearly playlists I made for this thread a while back? They've kind of blown up on YouTube. 37,000 views for the 2016 playlist alone. Hope I am helping some new bands make sales.

Link? I remember you posting some of these a while back and it was full of some good stuff.

Reactions: Dak
Reactions: EternalMetal
Tbh the 2016 one is horribly outdated, I was updating twice a month in previous years but now it's been 2 months. If you're interested anyway

I dont mind if it's a little outdated, and im sure there is stuff for me to discover from recent years anyhow. I dont really keep up with thrash like I do with death and black metal (which isnt even that much tbh), so im sure that most of it will be new to me. The only thrash album I bought this year was Vektor's, and I havent really warmed up to it like I did with their previous two yet. I really like the story and concept (well composed space sci-fi), but I feel like the music is a little long winded and can be a bit boring at times. I dont usually enjoy epic concept albums in metal anyways because they usually put in a lot of filler and have a lack of good riffs (probably from the creative limitations of the theme). This album is no exception, but by no means would I call it bad.

Reactions: Baroque
I dont mind if it's a little outdated, and im sure there is stuff for me to discover from recent years anyhow. I dont really keep up with thrash like I do with death and black metal (which isnt even that much tbh), so im sure that most of it will be new to me. The only thrash album I bought this year was Vektor's, and I havent really warmed up to it like I did with their previous two yet. I really like the story and concept (well composed space sci-fi), but I feel like the music is a little long winded and can be a bit boring at times. I dont usually enjoy epic concept albums in metal anyways because they usually put in a lot of filler and have a lack of good riffs (probably from the creative limitations of the theme). This album is no exception, but by no means would I call it bad.

Then by all means check out the playlists, there are choice songs from around 50 albums from each year on there. Some years more, some less, but 46 from 2016 already. I rediscover things myself by listening to them.

Yeah the new Vektor is good but it took me easily 8 listens to really get it, and I still think a couple of the songs are a bit out of place looking at the album as a whole. It's sort of difficult to rank their albums. I enjoy the 2nd half of the latest album more than most songs on outer isolation, but there are other songs which I enjoy less. I'd say black future is still there best and the recent 2 are about equal, yet different.

Exmortus really doesn't feel very thrashy to me. Maybe it's just the vocals.

Agreed, Slave to the Sword has about two thrash songs and eight trad/power songs. I'd say the vocals are actually the thrashiest thing about them.

Not sure if these guys have been posted before but seems like good stuff.

Edit: Checking out Lich King, not bad. Seems like Kreator worship maybe?

Last edited:

Not sure if these guys have been posted before but seems like good stuff.

Edit: Checking out Lich King, not bad. Seems like Kreator worship maybe?

Yeah someone posted that Exeloume disc a while back forcing me to buy it. They rule. l'm yet to get their EP but have no doubt it will be pretty cool too. And if you like that check out this: