Thrashist Regime - CARNIVAL OF MONSTERS

Caveman Ninja

It's a carnival... of monsters!
Sep 11, 2008
Dolph Lundgren's Secret Island
Sorry I haven't visited for ages! Please forgive me. Hope everyone is well :) Shameless plug time...

gcofISO.jpg

THRASHIST REGIME ANNOUNCE NEW ALBUM, CARNIVAL OF MONSTERS

Scottish speed merchants THRASHIST REGIME are excited to announce the forthcoming release of their second full-length album, CARNIVAL OF MONSTERS through independent label FAT HIPPY RECORDS. Following up 2012's well-received debut album FEARFUL SYMMETRY ("A bloody good thrash metal record" - PowerPlay magazine, "well-written and memorable songs" - Terrorizer), CARNIVAL OF MONSTERS sees the band's songwriting kicked-up a notch, with longer, more intricate songs that are both heavier and more melodic than anything the band have come up with before whilst still maintaining their focus on blistering thrash. Notable for their entertaining subject matter, THRASHIST once again hit the mark with songs about topics such as ants attacking the Antarctic, THE A-TEAM, computer games X-COM: ENEMY UNKNOWN and SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS as well as a self-penned single-song thrash-opera about an alternate reality in which Dolph Lundgren attempts to take over the world with a gigantic mechanoid war-machine (obviously!).

Featuring striking artwork from renowned polymath Dan Goldsworthy (HELL, CRADLE OF FILTH, ACCEPT), the album took two years to record, with Goldsworthy also helming the recording sessions at his custom studio in Aberdeenshire. "We had some health issues within the band that meant there was a significant delay in getting the album out there," explains frontman JOE JOHNSTON. "But it's definitely worth the wait. It's got a more natural sound than Fearful Symmetry, and we've definitely come on as songwriters too. There's a real mix of short, sharp, fast songs and longer, more complex stuff with some big, epic moments. And also lots of songs about monsters of one kind or another, hence the title."

CARNIVAL OF MONSTERS is released on CD on 28th April and will be available digitally from 30th April via Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, etc. The CD edition, featuring various pieces of exclusive artwork and limited to 100 hand-numbered copies, will be available via Amazon and www.fathippyrecords.co.uk. A launch gig/release party will be held on 28th April at CAPTAIN TOM'S studios in Aberdeen, the band's hometown, ahead of their appearance at Scottish metal festival FULL METAL HAGGIS at the end of May.

Full tracklist:

CARNIVAL OF MONSTERS
(2018 - Fat Hippy Records)

1. LAUGHTER THEN MADNESS THEN DEATH (Forbes)
2. ANTARCTATTACK (Forbes/Johnston)
3. HEADSHOT (Middleton)
4. MEGALOMANIAC (Parker/Johnston)
5. OPERATION: KEEP HIM BUSY (Forbes)
6. THE VENGEFUL KNIGHTS (Middleton)
7. COLOSSUS (Thomson/Johnston)
8. SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE (Forbes/Johnston)
9. X-COM: ENEMY UNKNOWN (Middleton/Johnston)
10. CARNIVAL OF MONSTERS (Forbes)
11. METACIDAL MASSACRE (Forbes)

THRASHIST REGIME are:

Joe Johnston - Vocals
Kyle Forbes - Guitar
Rich Thomson - Guitar
Alex Parker - Bass
Dan Middleton - Drums

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thrashistregime/

HYPE!!

I haven't listened to Fearful Symmetry in ages. I'm gonna have to fix that. :lol:

How's things, Joe?

Yeah, not bad thanks! Feel like I'm mad busy the whole time and don't have time to do lots of the things that I like doing, but I guess it's just that stage of life. How are you? How are things?

I'm pretty much the same. I don't really change much. :lol: My ten year anniversary with Nike was a little over a year ago. I got a five week sabbatical, which was awesome. I've also found a new hobby... painting!

Shoes! Lol What? People do that? Yep. It's actually pretty big. I even (reluctantly) started an Instagram page to show off my stuff. @keenankeeley if you wanna see.

Oh! And I saw Iron Maiden again in June. The set was awesome!

I'm pretty much the same. I don't really change much. :lol: My ten year anniversary with Nike was a little over a year ago. I got a five week sabbatical, which was awesome. I've also found a new hobby... painting!

Shoes! Lol What? People do that? Yep. It's actually pretty big. I even (reluctantly) started an Instagram page to show off my stuff. @keenankeeley if you wanna see.

Oh! And I saw Iron Maiden again in June. The set was awesome!

Ten years?! Holy crap. I can relate to the shoes though, I love my Nikes actually! I'll add you on Instgram :)

I saw Iron Maiden a few times too... Aberdeen, Glasgow, 2 nights in London. And this year I have tickets for Aberdeen, London (2 nights), Berlin and Greece!

What kind of painting? That's awesome! I was always hopeless at art.

Whey! This sounds great. Looking forward to it Joe! ...love the artwork, oozes good thrash, Repka / World Circus vibes, awesome.

Cheers! Yeah, the World Circus vibe has been noted :) Dan loves Repka and an opportunity to get to work on something in the true thrash tradition...

I CAN ONLY GET SO ERECT

:lol:

Just finished listening to it, Joe! It's awesome! :kickass:

Favorites are Operation : Keep Him Busy, Carnival of Monsters and X-Com : Enemy Unknown, and I've never even played that game! :lol: