Thresh Fest Anyone ??

As much as I'd love to take this tour to Italy, especially to Robs living room :) Unfortunately I do not think that is going to happen. Alas it all comes down to money. And as I'm pretty much looking to
fund this tour out my own pocket, I think perhaps just a small localized tour in parts of Northern Europe is the best I, Damian and Johanne can hope for :)

Well, I was actually pretty sure that it wouldn't have been a 4 weeks tour across all europe, but rather the usual german/dutch bunch of dates some bands usually (and successfully!) do. ;)

Anyway, I wish you to sell a s**tload of cds so you'll be able to go touring without worrying about that issue called money! :D

Oh and Cello, I have noted the venues you mentioned and shall look into them.

With best regards and many thanks again for all your interest.

Pete

If you need help contacting them, I'm sure Alex and me, as locals, can drop by and have a chat with them (sufficiently reinforced with a raging horde, pitchforks and the like, if they refuse to have you guys)

Oh and we have a very nice little venue here in Bonn called Harmonie Bonn. If you're interested let me know, I could also go there and ask them.

Would be the next best thing from having you guys play in my living room :D

Oh and we have a very nice little venue here in Bonn called Harmonie Bonn. If you're interested let me know, I could also go there and ask them.

Would be the next best thing from having you guys play in my living room :D

Alright, Iris, you where I need to stay then ;)

I know some litte clubs in Frankfurt. If you are interessted in Frankfurt I can have a talk to those. And the venues are not far away of the airport as my living room is ;)

Hi peeps.

Sorry for not keeping you all updated regarding Thresh Fest. I've just been very busy.

Firstly I would like to thank you all for all your suggestions regarding venues and places for us to play. However upon refection and having done some sums I am seriously going to have to only consider
venues and places where I know there will be great promotion, good payment, and a genuine interest in this show. With the obvious financial implications of touring I am also going to have to keep our visit
to mainland Europe a short one :(

There has also been a problem with the billing which I hope can be rectified with a little lateral thinking. In any case, I'm not giving up on this idea and if it means that we only play one show over there and the rest in the UK then so be it.

Thanks again peeps and I'll be in touch soon with more details.

With best regards and a thankful heart.

Pete Morten

Shame it always has to come down to money eh?

Either way, we'll come support you and the rest, Pete! If the only mainland europe show won't be in Holland I'm gonna have to consider hopping the canal as well :)

Hello everyone.

As some of you know, I am planning on releasing the new 'My Soliloquy'
album in November (thanks to those of you who have shown your support on the myspace site already)
In conjunction with this I wish very much to tour in support of said album.

Thus what I have in mind is this...

I would like to take out a unique tour package for a handful of dates around Europe that
consists of Damians 'DWB' Johanne's 'KYRBGRINDER' and my 'MY SOLILOQUY'
So it will be a themed tour consisting of Threshold members with their own bands. :headbang:

Dates and Venues are yet to be confirmed of course as it's still a long way off, but I'm really here to gage interest in this idea and to see how many of you would be interested in coming to this event which will essentially be an 'evening with' type of gig.

I'm also aware of how few Threshold Fans actually post on this here forum so I know my research results will be minimum at best
but it's still a good way to create awareness of my touring intentions :)

Of course once the idea and plans begin to gather momentum there may be some sort of 'Viral Marketing' taking place anyway
as the fans that post here begin to spread the word to fans that don't. In fact I'm hoping on it ha ha

I welcome your feed back guys.

With best wishes and blessings

Pete Morten

P.S. I've spoken with both Johanne and Damian about my idea and they are on board. YAY :)

I know I don't post much on the boards, and am thus not considered a "die hard fan"...which is nonsense, I believe. Still, I'm very excited about this tour package. It's rare that a tour contains 3 bands I all know and love (or at least would love to know if they're new). I've seen DWB and it was an excellent concert. For a 3-band tour, I'd suggest sticking mainly to electric stuff. I'll bet Damian's solo stuff sounds even more awesome with a full band. :) Kyrbgrinder is a band I would love to see one day. I was going to see them in Weert in december 2007 alongside Deadsoul Tribe and The Old Dead Tree, but sadly the Kyrb cancelled due to illness. And "My Soliloquy" (I still call you guys Soliloquy) is largely unknown to me... However, I bought the Esoterica EP at a Threshold gig and I like what I heard, and I'd love to hear the debut album and see them on tour.

So you have my vote.:cool:

Just make sure you play in an accessible part of The Netherlands. =)

Wouldn't it be nice to come to Poland with this 3-band act? :) Or Czech Republic? You should focus on marketing in eastern europe, there are nice venues here and many die hard metal fans :)

I know I don't post much on the boards, and am thus not considered a "die hard fan"...which is nonsense, I believe.

I don't think anyone who posts here believes that, it's just that we have more time on our hands. If anything i don't agree with you, or the way you state your opinion.

Still, I'm very excited about this tour package. It's rare that a tour contains 3 bands I all know and love (or at least would love to know if they're new). I've seen DWB and it was an excellent concert. For a 3-band tour, I'd suggest sticking mainly to electric stuff. I'll bet Damian's solo stuff sounds even more awesome with a full band. :) Kyrbgrinder is a band I would love to see one day. I was going to see them in Weert in december 2007 alongside Deadsoul Tribe and The Old Dead Tree, but sadly the Kyrb cancelled due to illness. And "My Soliloquy" (I still call you guys Soliloquy) is largely unknown to me... However, I bought the Esoterica EP at a Threshold gig and I like what I heard, and I'd love to hear the debut album and see them on tour.

So you have my vote.:cool:

Just make sure you play in an accessible part of The Netherlands. =)

I'm all up for that, Threshold should play Utrecht. Most central and easy to reach place in the Netherlands. Unfortunately due to lack of interests in the region it will just be Zoetermeer once more...

I'm all up for that, Threshold should play Utrecht. Most central and easy to reach place in the Netherlands. Unfortunately due to lack of interests in the region it will just be Zoetermeer once more...

Tivoli (oude gracht) or for a more intimate setting Stairway to Heaven. Lack of interests??? :confused: