Threshold singles box set announced

LavagesOfTime

evangelist of Threshold
Mar 2, 2002
Rome, Italy
www.myspace.com
Threshold will release a limited edition 8 disc box set on 12 October entitled Paradox - The Singles Collection. The box will contain 8 singles with rare b-sides and a 20 page booklet.

The singles are presented in individual sleeves and housed in a black and silver box. The accompanying booklet features a number of previously unseen pictures, sleeve notes on every track and an introduction by Karl Groom.

Paradox - The Singles Collection is available for pre-order now. The complete track list is as follows:

CD 1
1. Paradox (radio version)
2. Conceal The Face
3. Shifting Sands

CD 2
1. Sunseeker (radio version)
2. Fist Of Tongues
3. Half Way Home

CD 3
1. Virtual Isolation (radio version)
2. Somatography (alternative version)
3. Smile At The Moon

CD 4
1. Freaks (radio version)
2. Voyager II (urban version)
3. Change (acoustic version)

CD 5
1. Light And Space (radio version)
2. Long Way Home (alternative version)
3. Turn On Tune In (compound version)

CD 6
1. Phenomenon (radio version)
2. New Beginning (alternative version)
3. Round And Round (acoustic version)

CD 7
1. Mission Profile (radio version)
2. Flags And Footprints (acoustic version)
3. The Ravages Of Time (live version)

CD 8
1. Pilot In The Sky Of Dreams (radio version)
2. Elusive (radio version)
3. Safe To Fly (acoustic version)

I'm trying to track down what is actually unreleased and what not - just for curiosity purposes :p

1. Paradox (radio version) -> probably a new recording, there have never been a radio version, plus there were hints about damian re-singing it
2. Conceal The Face -> same as above, it should be a new version
3. Shifting Sands -> it was featured on the Cult of the Immortal tape, so I assume it's a brand new version
CD 2
1. Sunseeker (radio version) -> probably the 1999 mix featured on Decadend
2. Fist Of Tongues -> new tune, I guess
3. Half Way Home -> new tune, I guess - one of these (or both?) features Glynn Morgan on vocals!
CD 3
1. Virtual Isolation (radio version) -> it was on Decadent and on the Extinct Instinct special edition
2. Somatography (alternative version) -> this one sounds new to me
3. Smile At The Moon -> new recording, I guess
CD 4
1. Freaks (radio version) -> guess it's the net version that was used as promo when Clone was released - it was a free download from mp3.com
2. Voyager II (urban version) -> taken from Decadent
3. Change (acoustic version) -> taken from Decadent
CD 5
1. Light And Space (radio version) -> guess it's the one on Replica
2. Long Way Home (alternative version) -> new mix, probably
3. Turn On Tune In (compound version) -> new mix, probably
CD 6
1. Phenomenon (radio version) -> this was on the bonus cd of the special edition of Critical Mass.
2. New Beginning (alternative version) -> this was on the bonus cd of the special edition of Critical Mass.
3. Round And Round (acoustic version) -> this is a new one.
CD 7
1. Mission Profile (radio version) -> b-side on the Pressure digital single
2. Flags And Footprints (acoustic version) -> b-side on the Pressure digital single
3. The Ravages Of Time (live version) -> guess it's one of the outtakes of Surface To Stage
CD 8
1. Pilot In The Sky Of Dreams (radio version) -> already released as digital single
2. Elusive (radio version) -> b-side on the digital single
3. Safe To Fly (acoustic version) -> new one

All in all, it's a very promising tracklist in a very promising package! :D

1. Paradox (radio version) -> probably a new recording, there have never been a radio version, plus there were hints about damian re-singing it I don't think you can have too many versions of this classic!!!
2. Conceal The Face -> same as above, it should be a new version would love a rework!
3. Shifting Sands -> it was featured on the Cult of the Immortal tape, so I assume it's a brand new versionLove this track - a great one to choose (although Burning Down the Middle would have been my choice!!!)

CD 2
1. Sunseeker (radio version) -> probably the 1999 mix featured on Decadend
2. Fist Of Tongues -> new tune, I guess
Looking forward to this

3. Half Way Home -> new tune, I guess - one of these (or both?) features Glynn Morgan on vocals!ditto

CD 3
1. Virtual Isolation (radio version) -> it was on Decadent and on the Extinct Instinct special edition
2. Somatography (alternative version) -> this one sounds new to mebut how alternative?

3. Smile At The Moon -> new recording, I guessyou might want to check your light and space FAQs if you still have them

CD 4
1. Freaks (radio version) -> guess it's the net version that was used as promo when Clone was released - it was a free download from mp3.comI think you mentioned this in your FAQs too!

2. Voyager II (urban version) -> taken from Decadent
3. Change (acoustic version) -> taken from Decadent
CD 5
1. Light And Space (radio version) -> guess it's the one on Replica
2. Long Way Home (alternative version) -> new mix, probably
3. Turn On Tune In (compound version) -> new mix, probably

CD 6
1. Phenomenon (radio version) -> this was on the bonus cd of the special edition of Critical Mass.
2. New Beginning (alternative version) -> this was on the bonus cd of the special edition of Critical Mass. but could this not be an altenative of that bonus track?

3. Round And Round (acoustic version) -> this is a new one.
CD 7
1. Mission Profile (radio version) -> b-side on the Pressure digital single
2. Flags And Footprints (acoustic version) -> b-side on the Pressure digital single
3. The Ravages Of Time (live version) -> guess it's one of the outtakes of Surface To Stageis this the demo with the galloping horse sound at the start?

CD 8
1. Pilot In The Sky Of Dreams (radio version) -> already released as digital single
2. Elusive (radio version) -> b-side on the digital single
3. Safe To Fly (acoustic version) -> new one

All in all, it's a very promising tracklist in a very promising package! :D

Very, very exciting news all round - something for everyone and plenty for those that have it all!

17 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

@BTDM: I did that post using mainly my memory only, I had no time to check everyhing :p

Paradox (radio version) -> I don't think you can have too many versions of this classic!!!
I actually have the original, the demo version (featured in the multimedia section of WL) and three liver versions :D

3. Smile At The Moon -> you might want to check your light and space FAQs if you still have them

Just did, I don't really remember I had written this:
<< There was also a track called "Smile at the moon " which was supposed to go on Clone, Richard already started writing it in 1998 and Damien was going to work on it with him, but when he left the band it was forgotten. Rich said he's still got a demo of the parts he'd written, so maybe it'll be finished one day. >>
You got it man! :D

1. Freaks (radio version) -> I think you mentioned this in your FAQs too!

It was actually available as download on Light And Space for those who aswered three questions correctly! :D Anyway, I just remembered that a bunch of months ago Richard asked me if I still had it... ;)

2. New Beginning (alternative version) -> but could this not be an altenative of that bonus track?

I must have missed that "alternative version", indeed :D

3. The Ravages Of Time (live version) -> is this the demo with the galloping horse sound at the start?

Ahahaah, I'd LOVE to hear that! :lol:

@forgottenglory: :D

@Markoth: there's actually 12 "new" songs, the exact amount for a fan club cd, isn't it? :p

@Markoth: there's actually 12 "new" songs, the exact amount for a fan club cd, isn't it? :p

Yeah, but they were talking about fanclub "album", not fanclub "box" ;) Well, maybe I'm okay with that. As I mentioned ealier, I have a thing with boxes, especially if there are CDs in them :D

To be honest, Threshold have almost been "dead" to me for some time. First Nick left and Pete came to fill in temporarily (does anyone really believe Nick is coming back?). Then Mac left and Damian came but there has been no final word if he is gonna stay or not. This is of course not their fault but I think there have been just too many changes and temporary replacements. Perhaps it's a different thing if you've seen them playing live but if I am not mistaken they haven't been touring in Finland recently...

Anyway, this box is the first real sign of life for me in a long time and I am getting excited again! Bring on the box!

To be honest, Threshold have almost been "dead" to me for some time. First Nick left and Pete came to fill in temporarily (does anyone really believe Nick is coming back?). Then Mac left and Damian came but there has been no final word if he is gonna stay or not. This is of course not their fault but I think there have been just too many changes and temporary replacements. Perhaps it's a different thing if you've seen them playing live but if I am not mistaken they haven't been touring in Finland recently...

Threshold is not 'dead' but rather evolving, mutating. I see bands as an institution where some members leave and others join to further the cause as opposed to just an entity who cannot survive beyond its original members.

Threshold has always had line up changes from the very first album so it's not like they've had the same line up for ages and then suddenly a core member leaves and they start playing rap. What's important for me is that the spirit of Threshold stays alive and is kept alive by any new member who joins. If the spirit dies then Threshold will be dead for me. But thankfully the essence of what makes Threshold who they are is still flowing even on Dead Reckoning.

As far as fan club album is concerned, it is in the Threshold tradition to release fan club releases between albums. This is something I find really cool and I'm very excited by the box set because they have taken the time to come up with something different although I don't have any issues with previous DTF releases. God knows how much time and pain they must have gone through to put this together.

If Threshold is 'dead' I wonder what you would say about Power Quest?

To be honest, Threshold have almost been "dead" to me for some time.

Perhaps it's a different thing if you've seen them playing live but if I am not mistaken they haven't been touring in Finland recently...

Blimey! I must have missed something - 40 dates to support DR (including 8 headlining festivals and a night on a boat), a further set of dates to come, a new release coming soon, the studio beckoning, DWB, Shadowland, Kyrbgrinder, Pete's efforts to be in every band in the UK...

All sounds pretty alive to me!:kickass: but it is of course a matter of opinion - there are a few long term posters that have disappeared from these pages.

And they haven't been to Scotland much either. I've been to two (live Reckoning) Threshold gigs in England and one (EOP) to come in the Netherlands. (and this follows seeing other artists in Tampere, Stockholm, Bergen and Rome this year). It's well worth the effort and that's me having to stretch pounds - with the Euro you should have it easier. If you live on the edge of Europe it's just the way it is.

I would think Threshold would do well in Finland though - my visit saw as many metal shirts, tattoos and hair just on the streets of Tampere as you would expect to find at a fairly large festival

And as for Power Quest - it looks like the body has been reassembled from just a beating heart