Threshold to tour Europe in Autumn 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrid

Jan 20, 2006
Barendrecht, the Netherlands
Threshold will tour Europe in the fall of 2009 and promise a radically different show. The first handful of dates has now been announced with more to follow.

29 Oct 2009: Zeche Carl, Essen, Germany
30 Oct 2009: Colos Saal, Aschaffenburg, Germany
01 Nov 2009: Z7, Pratteln, Switzerland
07 Nov 2009: Boerderij, Zoetermeer, Netherlands

Commented Threshold guitarist Karl Groom: "The tour this Autumn looks like a great opportunity to play some songs I have long looked forward to. Damian took on an enormous task of learning so many lyrics since he rejoined the band, but now we have the possibility to work on a whole new live set before recording a new studio album. With some previously unperformed epics and a new stage show I hope fans will enjoy this tour."

The tour will be presented by German music magazines Rock Hard, Rock It and Eclipsed.

and then repeated with "not period correct performers" so we can get the contrast

I'm sure someone will tell me if I drag this very sensible thread too far into facetiousness (won't they?) but I have to share with you my thought process after reading this post:

- We should let everybody have a go at playing each song
- In fact, we should play every song with every possible permutation of band members
- That's 3 singers, 2 bassists, 2 second guitarists and about 5 drummers
- Mental arithmetic break...
- That'll take about three weeks non-stop
- There'll have to be some kind of shift system
- KG and RW will probably drop dead before we get to the end
- Sorry BDTM, that's a bad idea

Sorry, I have a very strange brain. :loco:

lol

Awesome news about the tour, though we did see it coming a bit. I'll definitely be at the Zoetermeer show again!

And Gilbo, it's still an awesome idea, even if Karl and Richard will have to take some extra breaks in between :p I'm sure we'll want some sleep too, so it's still viable :p

But more importantly...

Currently planning a mission to Zoetermeer - what's the best way to get tickets given that I live in the UK?

I am currently weekend off for that date but have applied for an internal job change so won't know if things have changed until the end of June - fingers crossed! (annoyingly flights are very reasonable just now)

Rotterdam Airport is quite close to Zoetermeer, BDTM, and should offer some cheap flights since the european pricefighters like Ryan Air and such fly there. So check their sites for tickets, imo.

If you do come to Zoetermeer, lemme know and I'll buy you a beer there!

Probably no chance of an American tour any time is there ?

Did they ever tour here ?

To bad they couldnt get on a tour with Dream Theater, not sure thats a totally good thing but they are one progressive band that headlines tours here and sells tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.