Threshold to tour Europe in Autumn 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I saw Savatage and Blaze Bayley there in 2002. It's a small venue located just outside the Highbury and Islington Tube Station. It's got a really narrow stage but has good acoustics, even from the front row. I think it can hold about 500 souls. Not sure about the capacity though...could be less.

In a fit of madness I have bought flights to Amsterdam on 6th November, staying there on the 6th, down to Z for the 7th and staying there, then back via Amsterdam on the 8th

Thank you to Astrid for tempting me to go to Belgium on the 6th but sense has prevailed - I'm getting in from work at 8am on the 6th and leaving again at 11am so a gig that night would be too much for my aching bones and it would be plain embarassing once a sleep deprived body started on the beer!!!

Counting the days 'til Zoetermeer!!!

^ I saw Savatage and Blaze Bayley there in 2002. It's a small venue located just outside the Highbury and Islington Tube Station. It's got a really narrow stage but has good acoustics, even from the front row. I think it can hold about 500 souls. Not sure about the capacity though...could be less.

Had Vicious Rumours already left that tour by then...?

In a fit of madness I have bought flights to Amsterdam on 6th November, staying there on the 6th, down to Z for the 7th and staying there, then back via Amsterdam on the 8th

Thank you to Astrid for tempting me to go to Belgium on the 6th but sense has prevailed - I'm getting in from work at 8am on the 6th and leaving again at 11am so a gig that night would be too much for my aching bones and it would be plain embarassing once a sleep deprived body started on the beer!!!

Counting the days 'til Zoetermeer!!!

I'm thinking about joining you on your flight back for the London show...

LeonV and i will probably visit several shows in germany aswell, too hang out with the support... :lol:

Sorry you'll be on the flight (to London) without me - I live in Scotland! I was sorely tempted by the London gig but it's all going to be too tight getting home on the Monday in time for work, so it's just the one for me

Had Vicious Rumours already left that tour by then...?

I had no idea then...and I still have no clue whether Vicious Rumours were part of that tour. All I cared about was Savatage. Blaze Bayley was a very pleasant surprise. Blaze and his band put on a glorious show.

At the end of Savatage's gig, I was going round the venue chatting to the Savatage boys and getting my stuff signed. I saw Blaze talking to Jeff Plate. After having Jeff sign my CD booklets, I turned to Blaze and told him that I have never listened to anything by him before and was very impressed by his band's live performance. To which he replied:"So are you going to buy the CD now?"

I had no idea then...and I still have no clue whether Vicious Rumours were part of that tour. All I cared about was Savatage. Blaze Bayley was a very pleasant surprise. Blaze and his band put on a glorious show.

At the end of Savatage's gig, I was going round the venue chatting to the Savatage boys and getting my stuff signed. I saw Blaze talking to Jeff Plate. After having Jeff sign my CD booklets, I turned to Blaze and told him that I have never listened to anything by him before and was very impressed by his band's live performance. To which he replied:"So are you going to buy the CD now?"

It was a good lineup Blaze had in those days, still talk to his guitarists from time to time.

Spheric universe experience? Now that does roll off the tongue!!!

And a date in Poland - just makes me think about the footage of Maiden going there in the 1980s

And one more date to come....

I hope all of you on the east side of the pond make sure you attend this! I doubt us Americans will be lucky enough to get anything close this tour. Enjoy!!

I sure would pay a nice price for a good DVD of one of tour stops showing all three bands.

Looking forward to the concert in November :headbang: the support act is also a very good band ...I've seen them before a couple of years ago they were the support act for Kamelot:p

And the final tour date is...

03 November 2009 - Escape, Vienna, Austria.

Thanks for all the other suggestions, hopefully we'll make it to some of those places next year. For now it's just great to be racing across Europe one more time before we start work on the new album.

Status
Not open for further replies.