Thrills In The Night...

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
I love this song... but I just have to get something off my chest that really bugs me.

WHAT IS WITH THE DRUMMING IN THE CHORUS? It sounds so weird! It has that weird thing happening where the snare sounds almost the same as the kick drum (very much like disco haha!) and it just sounds sooooo restrained like its holding the chorus backing from being able to really rock! That chorus needs a really huge drum beat with heaps of cymbal crashes n stuff to really make it rock hard and kick the song into gear after the verses, but for some reason they have really stupid sounding drums that remind me of I Was Made For Lovin' You. That is all.

The song is a complete rehash of Nowhere to Run but it's still one the best moments on Animalize, along with Get All You Can Take which sounds like Keep Me Comin' played backwards :lol:.

Aside from Creatures, I think every 80s era KISS album needs a heavier drum sound. I can see why it didn't happen though. You know what Gene and Paul are like about being upstaged by other band members. That's why Vinnie got fired the first time, until they realised what a good co-writer they'd just lost and brought him back for Lick it Up.

W

Most of the other drumming on Animalize sounds good though. It's just that chorus in Thrills In The Night that baffles me! Why oh why would they want Eric to play something that sounds so terrible and completely stops the chorus from really kicking the track into top gear?

Don't be sad Trent, I'm sure there was a perfectly logical explanation.

Gene Simmons is a very logical man, you know ;)

:lol:

Well if it was up to Gene then I wouldn't be surprised why they would do something shit. But in 1984, Paul was pretty much running the show and producing/co-producing the albums. Gene was too busy trying to be an actor.