THROW IN THE TOWEL ANTHRAX

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
You went out and got Joey back, the tour was a huge success, you got the hype, you did everything you needed to do in order to have the publicity and hype for the next record. You set up possibilities for huge tours with bands such and Slayer, Iron Maiden, Ozzfest, etc etc. Now you have gotten rid of Joey again and will be NOTHING but a washed up joke of a band. Good luck re-inventing yourselves yet again with another new singer. Even if you bring back Jon Bush you will go nowhere but be a pathetic washed up club band. Your only hope for success was for a record with the classic line up. But you fucked it all up. Good luck kids. Your careers are done.... you are finished. R.I.P Anthrax. thanks for the good years

Maybe Scott can get on another reality show to help fund the next record :lol:

They fucked it all up not by ending up the reunion but doing the reunion itself. That's it.

That is one spin to put on it, but do you really think Anthrax had any chance to be any more than a club band with Jon Bush? I respect anyones opinion that liked the Jon Bush Era of Anthrax. But you have to face the reality that the MAJORITY of old school metal fans (Who purchase metal records) wanted a new record with Joey on vocals. That was definetely apparent when they sold out show after show when the Classic line up was out touring. Even if you are a HUGE Jon Bush fan, and Jon Bush era fan you must admit that Anthrax just can't exsist with him as a vocalist. If they do they will be on Indie labels and on crappy tours just trying to survive. Why bring back Joey for a tour if you aren't going to do a record with him? Makes no sense except to try and make some coin by touring.

None the less no matter how you look at it, if Anthrax gets a new singer at this point in their career they are done cakes.

If they bring back Jon Bush about 20 people on this forum will go ape shit and cream their pants, outside of that nobody will give 2 shits

You went out and got Joey back, the tour was a huge success, you got the hype, you did everything you needed to do in order to have the publicity and hype for the next record. You set up possibilities for huge tours with bands such and Slayer, Iron Maiden, Ozzfest, etc etc.
What makes you think the tour was a HUGE success? When did this happen? Some people like yourself need to get over things, and wise the fuck up.
If they bring back Jon Bush about 20 people on this forum will go ape shit and cream their pants, outside of that nobody will give 2 shits
At least that would be 10 more people that creamed their fucking pants when Blowadonna came back. :lol:

Unbelievable. They haven't even made an announcement yet and the negativity has already started.

How about this idea. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Seems pretty simple, right?

I'm sick of the argument on BOTH sides. Get it through your heads people, the band will do what THEY want to do, not what YOU tell them to do.

If they want Bush and he's willing to do it, they'll get Bush.

If they want Belladonna and he's willing to do it, they'll get Belladonna.

If they want David Hasslehoff and he's willing to do it, they'll get Hasslehoff.

Get off of the soapbox and shut up. The argument is beyond old and all it does is create a hostile environment.

Oh, and have a nice day.

The reunion was the fuck up. I don't understand people saying that Anthrax sold out show after show with the reunion line up. That's just plain NOT TRUE. They were no more sucessfull than they were before. As for old school metal heads, if they are your target group, then your already fucked.

The reunion didn't sell well in the 14 year old asian girl demographic. Without that....you're fucked.

Oh yeah, and from now on any mention of the reunion will resualt in me mentioning the tastey mcribb.

Ironmaidenfan09...I see that you are HUGE fan of AnthraX. Loyal fan...
Who cares that they're recording new material? Who cares that they've just opened new chapter in AnthraX history...who fucking cares? You don't like them anymore so they are dead...
Scott, Charlie and Frank...please commit suicide, because Ironmaidenfan09 doesn't like you!!!

That is one spin to put on it, but do you really think Anthrax had any chance to be any more than a club band with Jon Bush? I respect anyones opinion that liked the Jon Bush Era of Anthrax. But you have to face the reality that the MAJORITY of old school metal fans (Who purchase metal records) wanted a new record with Joey on vocals. That was definetely apparent when they sold out show after show when the Classic line up was out touring. Even if you are a HUGE Jon Bush fan, and Jon Bush era fan you must admit that Anthrax just can't exsist with him as a vocalist. If they do they will be on Indie labels and on crappy tours just trying to survive. Why bring back Joey for a tour if you aren't going to do a record with him? Makes no sense except to try and make some coin by touring.

None the less no matter how you look at it, if Anthrax gets a new singer at this point in their career they are done cakes.

Sorry you feel that way but to me Anthrax doing a new record with Belladonna would be like Maiden doing a new album with Blaze Bayley. Bruce Dickinson rules!, John Bush rules!

I really wish people would get over the whole 'Belladonnas better' shit.

You went out and got Joey back, the tour was a huge success, you got the hype, you did everything you needed to do in order to have the publicity and hype for the next record. You set up possibilities for huge tours with bands such and Slayer, Iron Maiden, Ozzfest, etc etc. Now you have gotten rid of Joey again and will be NOTHING but a washed up joke of a band. Good luck re-inventing yourselves yet again with another new singer. Even if you bring back Jon Bush you will go nowhere but be a pathetic washed up club band. Your only hope for success was for a record with the classic line up. But you fucked it all up. Good luck kids. Your careers are done.... you are finished. R.I.P Anthrax. thanks for the good years

Maybe Scott can get on another reality show to help fund the next record :lol:

Are you selling your Anthrax Stuff? Fuck just give it away to loyal fans. The only thing that is washed up are the Chargers...... See they never won a SuperBowl.......

Sorry you feel that way but to me Anthrax doing a new record with Belladonna would be like Maiden doing a new album with Blaze Bayley.
Actually, I think Blaze took a lot of shit that was undeserved. I'll concede this - having seen them in concert for the "Virtual XI" tour, he couldn't carry a song not from his era in a bucket. But most of the songwriting was done without Blaze's input - seemed like Steve Harris had a stranglehold on the control of the band, which I guess is somewhat understandable. But what Blaze did have a hand in co-writing was actually pretty good.

"The X Factor" was not a bad album at all, though "Virtual XI" was shit.

All that said, I'm glad that Bruce is back with Maiden - just a natural fit, like ham with eggs. (Mmmm... ham....)

What's wrong with just enjoying the hell out of Anthrax from all eras?

I've been a hardcore Anthrax fan since their inception. I fuckin' thrashed around as a kid to EVERY track that Belladonna sang on and every track that Scott and Dan ripped apart. It was killer, kick ass, FUN music all the way.

I got older, Anthrax got older, they regrouped when they had to, picked up Bush, and fucking kicked even more ass. New attitude, new direction, and a whole other universe of Anthrax albums for me to thrash around to as an adult.

I don't care about their personal politics, preferences, or who they have/have not pissed of. I care about the Anthrax machine putting out music and kicking ass. I could give two shits about anything other than the music. If Scott has a problem with someone, so fucking what. None of my business. If there's animosity from people outside the band, or hurt feelings because there may not be another SOD album, so fucking what. What they did give us, when they gave it to us, kicked our asses. At one point and time, everyone here was a heartfelt, die-hard, Anthrax fan.

I still am.

It doesn't matter to me who does/doesn't like them. I love the shit out of them. They are one of my favorite bands of all time.

If Bush comes back, HELL YEAH!!! If not, I don't honestly think that they will settle for anything less powerful and driving.

This is the Anthrax forums for a reason. If anyone here is fed up with them, or thinks that Anthrax's business it their business... There are always other forums to frequent.

I've been a hardcore Anthrax fan since their inception. I fuckin' thrashed around as a kid to EVERY track that Belladonna sang on and every track that Scott and Dan ripped apart. It was killer, kick ass, FUN music all the way.

I got older, Anthrax got older, they regrouped when they had to, picked up Bush, and fucking kicked even more ass. New attitude, new direction, and a whole other universe of Anthrax albums for me to thrash around to as an adult.

I don't care about their personal politics, preferences, or who they have/have not pissed of. I care about the Anthrax machine putting out music and kicking ass. I could give two shits about anything other than the music. If Scott has a problem with someone, so fucking what. None of my business. If there's animosity from people outside the band, or hurt feelings because there may not be another SOD album, so fucking what. What they did give us, when they gave it to us, kicked our asses. At one point and time, everyone here was a heartfelt, die-hard, Anthrax fan.

I still am.

It doesn't matter to me who does/doesn't like them. I love the shit out of them. They are one of my favorite bands of all time.

If Bush comes back, HELL YEAH!!! If not, I don't honestly think that they will settle for anything less powerful and driving.

This is the Anthrax forums for a reason. If anyone here is fed up with them, or thinks that Anthrax's business it their business... There are always other forums to frequent.

Here Here!!!!!!:kickass: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :worship: :worship:

Anthrax played the SAME clubs on the reunion tour as they did on the We've Come For You All tour. They did have a few bigger shows - when they were the OPENERS for Rob Zombie. Opening for a band who should have been opening for them. That is not a success. It's not bad by any means...it's pretty average. And guess what? The same could have happened with John Bush. They toured the same clubs and played with some great bands on the WCFYA tour - Motorhead, Dio, Judas Priest - and they even did festivals in Europe with John Bush, just the same as with Joey.

The only difference is - with Joey, there was interest from fans who wrote them off years ago - fans who would have went to see them once, the nostalgia would have worn off - and that would be that. Plus they would have lost a lot of John Bush fans - and gained not very many with Joey singing.
If they would have continued with John Bush - they would have already put out a great solid followup to WCFYA and did just as much, if not more touring - making the same amount of cash, if not more - less down-time. They would have kept all the John Bush fans, kept gaining momentum - their record label did tank though - so that would have been holding them back. But either way - I think they would have been better off, career-wise had they moved forward instead of backwards.

I still am.

Here's to ya!:kickass:

mcrib4kn.jpg