Tim THE RIPPER Owens joins Iced Earth!!! \m/!!!

Metaldrumz

Jul 18, 2002
Thanks to Glen AKA Harvester for pointing this out!

Head over to the Iced Earth website and check out 3 mp3 samples!!

http://www.icedearth.com

The Glorious Burden Posted by Jon Schaffer on Thursday, July 31, 2003 at 9:34PM : Hey People, Well the album is done, and it's not just done, it rules!! I have never been more pleased in all my years of recording.
It came out the way it was supposed to be!
And now for the big news, it's Tim Owens on vocals and he did an amazing job! I know there were a lot of people hoping that this would be the case, and it is.
I've asked Neil to put a sample of 3 of the songs for you guys to check out. SPV agreed to letting me do this as long as I did not put the whole song up. I hope you enjoy them, I know I do.
I'll be in touch soon with more news and details of the release dates for the single which will be called "The Reckoning" and the full length CD "The Glorious Burden."
I can honestly tell you I've never felt better and am truly looking to the future with more optimism than ever before. Until next time, Jon

i just listened to one of the tracks and he doesnt sound all that different to the last singer, not with the style anyway. but this i personally feel is a good thing.. it may get me liking iced earth more..

"dont want to be the hallow man, aint gonna be the hollow man!"

"Red Barooooooooonnnnnnnnn!!!!! Blue Maxxx! He's got you in his sight!"

Ah yes Schaffer lyrics in all their glory

Well the riffs sound better, but i would probably have to hear more of the album before I decide to purchase it. I am still very saddened Barlow left, he was the best thing going for Jon Schaffer and the band he calls Iced Earth (which is usually just a hodgepodge of studio musicians it seems)

I love it. The clips sound real good. I am getting excited to hear this cd. The Gettysburg song is going to be real special. It will be recorded in Dolby 5.1, with a symphony. Tim sounds real good, and fits the music.

Reactions: Papaty
The Yngster said:
I hate RealAudio so much... Why not just regular mp3's damnit!

Yeah, mine were mp3's as well... wass up wit dat?

I'll send em your way if ya want. VERY cool stuff.

Like I told a buddy of mine earlier, Tim's got the coolest upper register screams I've ever heard. (but I wonder about the nads)

I'm someone who really, really dislikes post-Burnt Offerings Iced Earth (Dark Saga and beyond), and pretty much considered them a dead band after SWTWC and HS, but I've to admit these samples sound very cool. A bit more complexity it seems, and a fresh vocal sound which honestly makes me think of the band's first two albums - definitely a good thing.

that is so cool EdgeofThorns
Now who is Zaza? I've heard that name before! I just can't quite remember proply...

To hear someone say that Ripper would GET THEM BACK INTO ICED EARTH basically says this: "Matt Barlow's voice wasn't as good as Rippers, thank god he's out of the band now, eh?"

I'm sorry but FUCK THAT.

Owens is an arrogant piece of white trash shit who, in terms of musical ability, will never even compare to the talent that Barlow possessed.

Barlow's departure signified one of the saddest occurrences in the metal world I have ever experienced. I'm angry, dissapointed, shocked. If it's best for Barlow and he's going to spout all this shit about how he's felt as though his life has been a waste in IE, then let him do whatever public service shit he wants to do. But to the hundreds of thousands of loyal fans of his, he's basically given them the finger.

I had to get that out of my system.

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
that is so cool EdgeofThorns
Now who is Zaza? I've heard that name before! I just can't quite remember proply...

they better come around!! Neil Zaza is an amazing instrumental guitarist, you may recognize his name because he's toured with Satch quite a bit. I feel very lucky :Spin: