time for new cab...

Mavaan

Jan 29, 2008
Finland
Hello mates!

This have been on the wall before,but....I think it's time for new cab for my 5150...Is this HB cab worth money:http://www.thomann.de/fi/harley_benton_g412a_vintage.htm would like to have Mesa,but those bastards is f......g overpriced here in europe.:erk:

I was thinking getting one of those HB:s and buying another Marshall 1960 cab(with G12-75:s) for my homestudio.

Mesa is about 1100euros(new)here in Finland,so i could get these cabs(HB & Marshall) about 800euros...

What do you think?
And sorry my bad english...:cry:

Cheers!

As long as it has V30s, you're guaranteed to be set! :) Check out the Randall XL cabs, spec-wise they're identical to the Mesa Stiletto cabs for a lot less (and I have a Stiletto and love it :)), that'd be my choice if I were in Europe

why dont you buy the marshall and the harley benton 2x12 v30 AND make the marshall
X pattern with celestion 75 and v30...?

otherwise ...i´ve heard that the HB cabs are really good (for the money)

I have to look out those Randal cabs.

And about that zeronauts X pattern suggestion,is it good to go?I mean is there huge difference(soundwise) between let's say Bogner cab and that "modded" 1960 cab?

Cheers!

a friend of mine has a harley benton cab and it's really nice.

or just get an orange cab and a pair of midgets to help you carry it

Ive a got a 2x12 V30 Harley benton... I thought it would be shit... but it really isnt.

Although my vote is for X pattern, nice to have some variation.

Joe

I have 2 4x12 cabs and have V30 in one and 75's in the other. I have wondered for years if it would be worth the time to X pattern them? I used the 75 cab for the longest time, but switched to the 30's and have grown quite fond of them. Took a bit of time for my ears to adjust to what I was hearing. Thanks to this forum and much more time spent focusing on good recorded tone I have learned that most recordings are in fact on 30's. Didn't mean to hijack this thread, but I have always been curious about this.

Haha, whoops, forgot about that, otherwise I would've mentioned it so you wouldn't have to James! :p Never played one, but on paper it's got all the right specs - the real test between it and the Randalls is whether you want a derivative of a Mesa OS (Blackstar) or Traditional (everything else, including Randall, Harley Benton, etc.) Also, don't forget the Marshalls with V30s! (1960av and bv)