Cab for my jcm900

Jivezool

New Metal Member
Jan 10, 2010
Hello guys and girls, my first post here!

I just recently bought a marshall jcm900 hi-gain dual reverb head and now i am looking for a new cab to go with it!

I dont really have a lott of experience in different cabs so im open to suggestions.

I have had a couple of cabs in mind: Marshall 1960 and a orange 4x12 cab. The marshall cab costs roughly 600 euros new. The orange is used (3 years old) and the buyer asks for 650 euros (those cabs cost roughly 775 euros new here in finland). My price range is 800e at max, but im hoping to find good cab between 600-750 euros.

The type of music im playing is Hardcore/punk/thrash/metal so im looking for a good punchy sound! The guitar i have is a Grass Roots Les paul with a seymour duncan sh-4 pickup at the bridge.

So what cab you think i should get? I have been eyeballing this forum for a couple of days now and i have notised that many of you are really fond on mesa cabs, but unfortunately mesas are way out of my price range.

Thanks

Orange cab's are awesome. The Marshall cab's are a bit fizzy and with the 900 being a bit edgy on the high frequencies already it might be a bad combo.

Orange's are super heavy though, but they have a massive super tight low end and project really well.