Time Requiem

Pastorius

wtf romeo
May 11, 2005
Cardiff
Who here has heard of Time Requiem?

The only reason I ask is because no-one but 1 person I have asked has heard of them, even the hordes of DT fans I asked at monday's gig in London.

I love Time Requiem. Anyone else?

I love this band. they have 3 solid cd's and a 3rd album on the way. i can't wait!

Yeah very good band/albums...
His singer, Apollo Papathanasio, is one of my favourites out there, and the other members are very talented too... It's a pity that Richard Andersson can be very irritating with his keyboard and his longing for protagonism IMO haha

Favourite tracks: Watching the Tower of Skies, The Inner Circle of Reality

Apollo no longer sings for the band. He's doing the 3rd Evil Masquerade album.
the new time requiem singer is Göran Edman.

I got The Inner Circle of Reality and I don't like it. They are talented no doubt, but the music comes out sounding immature somehow, and its like they copy Symphony X.

Both CD's are very good, but the first one's better.

Oh yeah, and Andersson's choice of a solo synth patch gets on my nerves... way too meedley-weedley.

Damn, I only have The Inner Circle, which I LOVE, and everyone's saying the first album is better? I must have it!

Richard Andersson is doing a great job of keeping neoclassical metal alive - anyone here listen to Space Odyssey? It's like Rainbow reincarnated with Yngwie on guitar.

I just want to understand how they managed to write and play the solo part of "the inner circle of reality" song. Especially the intro right before the keyboard solo. Everytime i listen to the song, i got stuck, i can never memorise this part.

Time Requiem is some great stuff, cool technical prog. Though I do have to agree with whoever said Andersson's key sound is getting annoying...he pretty much uses the same sound and same lick over and over...But his Space Odyssey stuff is awesome. There's a song on the first one that is a total SymX ripoff though, I forget which.

Lord_Tarod said:
Oh jeez... I hated Göran Edman in the so-called Ultimate Richard Andersson Collection... he simply DESTROYS Apollo's vocal lines... Great loss!

Evil Masquerade?? :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: lol

i dunno if that was a sarcastic comment. but i think Evil Masquerade kicks ass.

TR is the shit im sad they have a new singer...I just got the live album its nice to have... I think both albums are good about the same in quality. I dont have any Evil Masquerade, what does that sound like??

Soooo wait, Apollo isn't with the band anymore?

Okay, I like Goran... he's great in Karmakanic. Very good singer, my only realy complaint is that sometimes his vocals get kinda... er, pop-metally. But it's not a huge deal.

Should be interesting to see the band with a new singer.