Time Requiem

HELL YEAH I FUCKING LOVE TIME REQUIEM THAT'S WHY I SEARCHED FOR THEM HEAR TO SEE IF ANYBODY NEW ABOUT EM HEAR THERE FUCKING AWESOME I LOVE THE SONG HIDDEN MEMORIES AND WATCHING THE TOWER OF SKIES =) TIME REQUIEM RULES :headbang:

Are they one of those bands with the power to own your soul? Because I've been looking for more bands like that to listen to.

The only bands with sould p\/\/n1nG powers that I'm aware of are Sym X, Opeth, Nevermore, Adagio and Rush (in no specific order, but Sym X tops the list in my opinion). Time Requiem is a great band though, I listen to them all the time.

MrFast said:
The only bands with sould p\/\/n1nG powers that I'm aware of are Sym X, Opeth, Nevermore, Adagio and Rush (in no specific order, but Sym X tops the list in my opinion). Time Requiem is a great band though, I listen to them all the time.

ok Rush and symphony yes. Opeth maybe for some people. But Adagio NO. They have a new singer that is so bad i would not know were to start with this guy. The dude on the 2 albums is great, but the show at Progpower5 was one of the worst vocal proformances ive ever seen...

Well, when i mentioned Adagio I meant those 2 albums. I've never listened to the new one yet. And I think we all agree when I say Sanctus and Underworld have major Soul Pwning powers.

Time Requiem, an interesting project indeed.

I will say, Richard Andersson is a pretty stellar keyboardist (the parts that he doesn't sequence), and his lead sound remains one of my favorites. But frankly, Time Requiem comes off as easily one of the most unoriginal rip-off laiden outfits in the history of this genre. And I don't know if any of you have heard the live album, but the guitar playing made me want to kick myself in the face because it was just so not spot on when compared to the studio efforts.

The records have reasonably solid production (although no matter what anyone tells you, the drum sounds, and probably the drumming is fake on Inner Circle). I actually really like the band when they were still called Majestic and did the Trinity Overture album. Trinity Overture btw, is name that was copped from a patch on the Korg TR series synths.

But like, if you really just want unapologetically shred fest, largely unoriginal progressive metal with that Symphony X feel, by all means.

TR is ripoff-laden indeed. "Attar of Roses" has nearly direct quotes of "Far Beyond the Sun" and "The Relic." But I still love the band - some killer songs and great performances from each member.

MrFast said:
Well, when i mentioned Adagio I meant those 2 albums. I've never listened to the new one yet. And I think we all agree when I say Sanctus and Underworld have major Soul Pwning powers.

I do agree with you but after their live performance i havent even touched their albums and i laugh when i think about them.

I still have to get Underworld and Dominate. Sanctus Ignis is a really good album, but it's starting to run pretty dry.

I got The Inner Circle of Reality and I don't like it. They are talented no doubt, but the music comes out sounding immature somehow, and its like they copy Symphony X.

its LIKE they copy SyX? lol. Unfortunately every song I've heard of theirs its more like they have simply copied and pasted parts of symphony X songs together to form a song they call their own. I think the song itself called Time Requiem I can literally pull out about 5 songs or more from SyX's V album. I cant stand them for that. They lack any form of originality in my opinion.

The keyboardist is good, thats the most I will give them.

Sounds like what my friend, who's name shan't be mentioned here, does with lyrics.

ShokaiShimizu said:
I will say, Richard Andersson is a pretty stellar keyboardist (the parts that he doesn't sequence)

You know, I've often wondered if he doesn't sequence some of those mindbogglingly long shred solos of his.