Sting
Opeth
Guns N' Roses
Einstürzende Neubauten
Swans
The Cure
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

@Cenk
Wow, I thought Sting was some kind of tabu round here...
STING FOREVER
:worship: :Spin:

I'm going to Einstürzende Neubauten here in Leipzig in March! Great band.

toolsofthetrade said:
are bands like coldplay or queens of the stoneage gonna stick?

No. The amount of hype that Coldplay have had, they should be bigger than the Pope by now. Some ok tracks like, but there millions of bands with ok tracks that you'll never hear.
Hail Fugazi, and Bon Jovi

Morbid Angel (they fly above all death metal bands, unearthly)
Ulver (always tragically aiming at the experiment)
Squarepusher (an excellent one-man fusion d&b band)

Alwin said:
Morbid Angel (they fly above all death metal bands, unearthly)
Ulver (always tragically aiming at the experiment)
Squarepusher (an excellent one-man fusion d&b band)
Cenk said:
Rage Against the Machine
Alice in Chains
Portishead
Faith No More
Opeth
Einstürzende Neubauten
Swans
mates, in 10 yrs time, no-one is gonna remember these names, seriously, if u ask a random music admirer.

i mean: bands that arent (completely) restricted to a certain genre, and influence thousands of kids today like.

Strangelight said:
No. The amount of hype that Coldplay have had, they should be bigger than the Pope by now. Some ok tracks like, but there millions of bands with ok tracks that you'll never hear.
Hail Fugazi, and Bon Jovi
and the Queens? perhaps i'd better mention Kyuss, tho lots of ppl wont recognize them instantly, as u say indeed, theres loads of bands with excellent music, far better than commercially hyped stuff, that you will never know of existing..

toolsofthetrade said:
and the Queens? perhaps i'd better mention Kyuss, tho lots of ppl wont recognize them instantly, as u say indeed, theres loads of bands with excellent music, far better than commercially hyped stuff, that you will never know of existing..

I much prefer Kyuss to QOTSA, who have just been picked up and forced upon us. Blues for the Red Sun is killer from start to finish but didnt get shoved down our throats. Even Radiohead, although theyve done some dead good stuff, arent constantly brilliant. OK Computer was a dead good record from start to finish but can you say that about the others? I cant think of any classic bands around now who are consistent. Some bands dont need to be cos they got the magic name now etc etc
The music scene is shit. I should have been a footballer or a drug dealer..
:(

Strangelight said:
I much prefer Kyuss to QOTSA, who have just been picked up and forced upon us.
dunno about forced - hyped, ok. Queens are just a sidetrack of a great band, ppl obviously wanted to renew things in that genre - i dont mind.
Blues for the Red Sun is killer from start to finish but didnt get shoved down our throats. Even Radiohead, although theyve done some dead good stuff, arent constantly brilliant. OK Computer was a dead good record from start to finish but can you say that about the others? I cant think of any classic bands around now who are consistent. Some bands dont need to be cos they got the magic name now etc etc
to me everytime a band releases new material they 'need to gain' my loyalty over again. the magic in the name keeps me curious about them, but the quality is to be delivered every time again, i need proof they can do it again, u know? i had the same thing with Anathemas latest baby...
The music scene is shit. I should have been a footballer or a drug dealer.. :(
if yer concerned about the $$, yesh u made a good mishtake ;)