Timeless Departure should be re-recorded

absolutely not.

i suppose a remix/remaster of the original performances with the guitars a teeny bit louder and heavier wouldnt necessarily be unwelcome. re-recordings can never recapture the fire and conviction of the original early performance.

edit: really its just the lead guitars are sometimes a bit buried under the keyboard onslaught

My concern is that the instruments drown each other out and it doesn't help that there's 1 to 3 synth tracks on top of everything. A remix/remaster could fix that, I guess.

Timeless Departure and Mind Revolution both need to be reissued in a limited run. And remastered, particularly Mind Revolution. With bonus tracks of course -- b-sides, demos and whatnot.

Hell no. There was talk at some point to maybe re-record a song or two from the album but ultimately I'm glad it never happened. I don't think a band should ever re-record an album. No re-recording will ever be able to replicate the magic from the original tracks.

Hell no. There was talk at some point to maybe re-record a song or two from the album but ultimately I'm glad it never happened. I don't think a band should ever re-record an album. No re-recording will ever be able to replicate the magic from the original tracks.

I agree, and I would suggest we extend the "update" argument beyond only music (e.g., Star Wars :Smug: ).