TIMs at Gillmanfest in Venezuela this Sat!!

Doodoobubbachuck

Maidens' drums
Aug 2, 2002
theironmaidens.com
We just returned from Peru last week and are ready to head back to South America again for the Gillmanfest!!! Rata Blanca, Ripper Owens, Gillman and The Iron Maidens! :Smokin:

174638_179537895415944_917600_n.jpg

Hot off the press! 6,000 Tickets already sold in 12 hours!!!!...We broke METALLICA's record in Venezuela of 5.000 in the first 2 days. We are at 6,000 in just 12 hours so far and still counting! \M/!!!!!!! Can't waaiiiiiit!!!

Omigod, what a total RUSH! An experience of a lifetime! By the end of the night, there was a reported 40,000 people there! :yow: And getting to jam "Flight of Icarus" with Ripper Owens... :worship:

THANK YOU, VENEZUELA!!! :headbang:

Oh you go to drink Venezuelan rum. They are famous for their rum. They have one of, if not the best rum in the entire world! Get some local rum and drink it straight in a glass with some ice. You don't need to mix it with anything. It's incredible! Bring some back. It's really hard to get in the states. Santa Teresa Rum is amazing! The older the better. I bought some at the Venezuelan pavilion at the Shanghai World Expo. If you buy a bottle of some Venezuelan Rum that isn't exported I will pay you for it at Paladino's on Friday. Seriously! I'll totally pay you for it. You guys got to drink rum there. This is not Bacardi or Captain Morgans. This is a whole other dimension of rum drinking that goes on in Venezuela.

Hey Girls! you are amazing! this "Toque" (concert) for me was so Brutal... congratulation for the great espectacle... GO heavy metal.. You are Beautyfull Girls! i'll speak in spanish! .. espero que vuelvan de nuevo a otro concierto, me gusto mucho como cantaron las canciones inmortales de Iron maiden, me gusto cuando cantaron junto a owens y a Gillman fue algo, nose si improvisado o ya lo tenian previsto pero estubo espectacular, esperamos esten de vuelta en venezuela especialmente en Barquisimeto! Abrasos y besos! que bueno fue pasarla en ese concierto disfrutandolo al maximo con una buena botella de alcohol y escuchando metal.. q viva el rock que viva el metal..!

Kirsten "Bruce Chickinson";9734329 said:
THANK YOU, VENEZUELA!!! :headbang:

no Kirsten, THANKS YOU, GIRLS!!!

i tottally agree with FranckouX, im one of those 40.000+ people who sing, cry, jump, enjoy, applaud and love you girls here in gillmanfest... i have no words to describe it, i always wanted to be on a maiden`s show and you girls made it possible, this has been the best experience of my life, and i cant wait to see it aggain!!! i sing and applaud as hard i could to show thankfulness, respect and enthusiasm as it should be to a masterfully performance like the iron maidens`s show that night.

i buy the cap of the iron maidens and i wait at the merchandise store afther the show coz you sayd you will come to sign autographs for us, but i understand that was impossible make it safe arround of 40.000+ people, so next time, ill be there waiting for my autograph and to take a picts with you girls, i love you girls!!!

i live abbout 1 hour distance of the citty where the show was (barquisimeto), so i wake up early that morning (lie, i didnt sleep at all, i was wanting te night passed fast!!!), take a buss and go there, the sun was fking shiny and we wait untill the afternoon... the show started arround 6 pm (local time) and ended arround 7:30, and from that moment i cant stop of living it on my mind aggain and aggain!!!, the people was excited! singing, jumping, enjoying the show... abbout 11 pm when tim ripper owens call the iron maiden back to stage to jam Flight of Icarus i was like WTF, even more, now i can die in peace (joke, i want to see more shows of the iron maidens)

if you want to see some vids here they are:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiOnCyApfP0&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCd9wPo3oMM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/ame]

(sorry for bad quality)

oh and btw, if i had knew abbout wanda`s birthday i would had bring a big santa teresa rum bottle for shure!!! love you wanda, feliz cumpleaños! las amamos, vuelvan a Venezuela PRONTO!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome GrEaTmEn!

What are you favorite Venezuelan Rum and how do you like to drink it?

I have a bottle of Santa Teresa 1796 Ron Antiguo de Solera. I bought it from the Venezuelan Pavilion at the Shanghai World Expo from Venezuelans there. I think it's best in a glass with just some ice. It's almost got a honey type flavor to it. This is one of the greatest liquors I've ever had in my life and I have had a lot of great liquor. Most Americans have never experienced rum like this.

THANK YOU, VENEZUELA!!! :headbang:[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU! kIrsten! Oh my! you girls were AMAZING!....i was so impressed that i almost forgot all maiden`s songs! ahahahaa...the audience was amaced by your talent, your voice is beautyfull and the rest of the girls are :OMG:....aahaha...i really cant complain at all, i just hated when you came down stage...but LOVED when you came back on stage with the original Ripper! and our Guillman, it really was a moment of a live time and im proud i was there to see it live...by the way Kirsten, your voice range was perfect along side Owen`s....there`s nothing for you to envy there!...:headbang:.... and girls, all the people who traveled for hours (me included, i traveled 5 hours from Caracas) we are MORE THAN HAPPY and absolutley pleased that we hitted those hours on the road to see you!

If you ever read this, tell the girls we all became your fans since that amazing saturday and we`ll be waiting for you to come back...much love from Caracas and keep rockin!!!!!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Awesome GrEaTmEn!

What are you favorite Venezuelan Rum and how do you like to drink it?

santa teresa definitively! i drink it with coke and ice or just pure and hot from the bottle some times... :D

Cori, i agree with you bro, it was ammazing! we loved the jam with riper and no doubt of we all became their fans!

long life to maiden´s :headbang:

thanks you linda, i really love your drumms sound, youre profesional, i love it! im only wanted (but i understand wasnt possible) to be able to take picts and get my autograph at merchandise store. so you own me a kiss for next time, hehe. take care girls, you have a new fan here (actually a big group of fans). im proud of be in the forums.

Welcome to the forum, our new Venezuelan friends! Thank you for all the wonderful compliments--they mean so much to us all--and for all the cool videos and photos! The night was magical because of YOU (and the other 39,995 screaming metal fans :D). It's great to have you here on our boards. And we do read each and every comment. That's one of the best perks: the friends we make as a result of playing these shows. :headbang:

We had a wonderful time in Venezuela!! And what an experience!
It was great getting to share the stage with Ripper ~ one of my favorite singers. His band was great too! Although.. I wish they would have played Death Row ..oh well..maybe next time. ;)
It was also a rush playing with Ripper onstage for Icarus...and it was actually his idea that that he and Kirsten duet for that!
He told me earlier that he thought Kirsten had a great voice. Way to go Kirsten! That's quite a compliment coming from someone who can sing the way he does!! :kickass:

girls your are the best... every saturday i remenber the concert with this video

Last edited by a moderator: