Tiny Terror --> Mesa Stiletto test, this thing rules!!

Thanks dude!

What's that riff you're playing? Sounds very familiar, In Flames?

Haha, yeah, I can't believe nobody else picked up on that (or at least didn't mention it), it's "Dead Eternity," one of my favorite songs (and riffs) off of The Jester Race.

the EQ'd one sounds GREAT! I've heard great stuff about these bad boys. I'm still dying to try one out in person. I've heard great stuff about the combo too.

Raise the gain and it will perfect!!! The Eq'ed clip is really good!! Double or quad-tracked?? How does it sound without a tubescreamer? Do you think you can use it as the only amp in a recording or not???

Sounding better now! Although I'd probably back off the 500Hz area a little, but that's just me. But I love the SOUND this little beast has. I'm jealous! :)

I love that tone dude. Much mids, tight, and a great grinding distortion.

the EQ'd one sounds GREAT! I've heard great stuff about these bad boys. I'm still dying to try one out in person. I've heard great stuff about the combo too.

Thanks guys!

Raise the gain and it will perfect!!! The Eq'ed clip is really good!! Double or quad-tracked?? How does it sound without a tubescreamer? Do you think you can use it as the only amp in a recording or not???

Thanks man! Double tracked, I never quad, and I found without a TS it sounded like any other amp does without a TS; looser and less focused. But I'll record more clips today, and do some without a TS, so you guys can compare. :)

could really work for dirty rock-tunes!

Ugggghhhh, that's not what I wanna hear! :erk: :lol:

Sounding better now! Although I'd probably back off the 500Hz area a little, but that's just me. But I love the SOUND this little beast has. I'm jealous! :)

Thanks Mark! Yeah, I really think the mic position here was the big enemy (I reiterate that I BARELY fucked with the mic positioning at all; I set it up, tried it, sounded too fizzy, so I moved it further out on the speaker, and that was IT), so today's clips I'll mess with it in greater detail! Thanks for the suggestions everybody!

could really work for dirty rock-tunes!

I'd say something like maybe you've been smoking the happy pipe, but then I still want you to master my demo, so I'll refrain :lol:

Marcus, sounds awesome to me, the EQ'd version rules. Coming from someone who fights with OTT gain every recording session, I'd say ignore these hippies. :headbang:

EDIT: Sorry Lasse, didn't see your post!

Still sounds super honky to me, like a 5150 with the mids on 8.

It's just a "middy" amp by nature, ya know? Plus the tone controls are a bit too simple to really suck out enough mids.

I had one and loved it! It defniitely has one voice, and it matters whether or not that voice fits the style or not.

I'm gonna check out your EQ'd clip when I get home.

-Joe

Good but a bit too "friendly/polite" sounding for my tastes.

I'd not use it for "i'm gonna gut you all over" kind of metal.

Or maybe it's just a matter of the way you play (pick attack, etc).

I'd love to hear a clip of the amp with a very agressive thrashy Pantera song played with maniac picking.

Good but a bit too "friendly/polite" sounding for my tastes.

I'd not use it for "i'm gonna gut you all over" kind of metal.

Or maybe it's just a matter of the way you play (pick attack, etc).

I'd love to hear a clip of the amp with a very agressive thrashy Pantera song played with maniac picking.
I'd like too ;)