Tips/advices for Trilian

The-Zeronaut

Mixing..Y U SO DIFFICULT?
Sep 24, 2007
I,ve been interested in this bass Vsti for a long time and i remember reading that Joey used it on some cds (i think it was on the i am abomination thread) and Sascha from enditol used it too for the cd
so i thought "if its is good enough for Joey to use on a cd it has to be good"

i have two basses that sound more or less decent live but i don't like them for studio stuff.
And since i can program bass 20 times faster in guitar pro than playing that actual song (and editing/tuning it)
i thought of using trilian for some songs i´m going to record with my band in a couple of months or simply to use it for the demos/preproduction.

So if any of you have tips/advices on how make it sound real (and getting a good sound of course :rofl:) it would be greatly appreciated:headbang:

velocity and multiple instantiations of trilian is the key to a more realistic performance.

example: use slide articulations on separate tracks and make sure you pay attention to articulations like hammer-ons/off and velocity not repeat.

other than that i would say experiment! it's pretty much a plug-in-play instrument if you are fairly adept at midi programming.

i am a fairly good pianist... but it's a bigger production effort than you would think.

in order to have a realistic bass sound with "true" articulations, it must be set up appropriately in trilian. i suppose playing well helps a bit but i can't stress enough just how much different it is to "model" the right bass tone in trilian. although it helps a lot that the instruments are sampled so darn well!

/Necroed

I was wondering what would be peoples go-to basses in trilian ?
Any tips for some stuff inside the program that can help alot making the sound better/more realistic ?