TL Drum Rehab, Drumagog or Soundreplacer

music

New Metal Member
Sep 24, 2003
I have Soundreplacer, it does well. I have Drumagog, it does a bit better but I have weird issues in PTHD with latency between the track and the drum bus. I am thinking on getting TL Drum Rehab.

Andy, what are you using now as your main triggering program? How is TL Drum Rehab working out? I did a search and did some reading. I am curious if TL Drum Rehab is still working out for you and if it is now your main prog. Or if you have better luck with SR or Drumagog.

Thanks,

Keith

well they all have bugs still to be honest, though i find drum rehab the tightest. I sometimes have to import kick and snare into a new session because it loses where it is timing wise.

Drumagog still has issues with playing when open and auto align and sound replacer just isn't that tight.

well they all have bugs still to be honest, though i find drum rehab the tightest. I sometimes have to import kick and snare into a new session because it loses where it is timing wise.

Drumagog still has issues with playing when open and auto align and sound replacer just isn't that tight.

I've been hearing the same problem w/Drumagog with Auto-Align engaged. Something just seems off. I suppose a fix would be to zoom in close to see what hits are off after exporting and correct them... hmmm.

Tab to transient - past them all in by hand - honestly does not take that long, get a mouse with extra programable buttons (or separate usb track ball) set one button to "paste" then you'll zoom through it. (use edit groups with say a snare track and a blank one)

Then just automate volume for velocity and if you need to use a pool of samples take 3 or 4 passes at it.

consolidate & its is set in stone and right on the transient.

just make sure that if you are going to Beat Detect it do it BEFORE triggering this way.

I'd check it by Andy but I'd reckon it's by far the most acurate method available.

....this method also works great for stacking up samples

C.

I'm using DrumRehab.
I did have some problems in the beginning but if you read the troubleshooting and the read me file that comes with it, you'll sort things out.

I think that it is very accurate and the possibility to edit all hits and having 16 velocity zones with 4 different samples each played randomly gives some realism to the thing.

Also having two different "global" sounds like two completely different snares to mix between the two is very nice.

just bringing this up from the dead.
just demoed drum rehab last night.
Good god its good.
so simple, and bone tight
anyone else using it, or is it just drumagog and aptrigga for thye rest of ya?

I used to run Drumagog, but have been really, really digging aptrigga lately. No problems with it, and it sounds tighter than Drumagog, without as much CPU-hogging.

Yeah its cool but has no midi options which sucks.

What mode are you guys using Drumagog in?

I've found that simple mode triggers much tighter than advanced mode. And with PTLE's new half-assed PDC, I'm getting Drumagag to trigger tighter than a two year old.

just bringing this up from the dead.
just demoed drum rehab last night.
Good god its good.
so simple, and bone tight
anyone else using it, or is it just drumagog and aptrigga for thye rest of ya?

I still use Drum rehab but it still doesn't work with stereo samples and still has some bugs with loosing the right triggering from past sessions.
So I've been trying Drumagog but haven't got it to work right like Drum rehab which is sample accurate.

Does anybody know of a good Drumagog tutorial?

i alwauys render my triggers anyway,
drumagog does stereo.
pro tools le has half assed pdc???
when?lol

i alwauys render my triggers anyway,
drumagog does stereo.
pro tools le has half assed pdc???
when?lol

Since version 7. Any plug that induces delay shorter than the buffer setting is delay compensated. So (at 1024 samples buffer) Drumagog in simple mode lines up now. Also, Vintage Warmer (not in FAT mode) will work in parallel.

anyone still using drum rehab?

is drumagog still the way to go?

im still pretty content with drumagog, but you know what its like - always curious to see if you are missing out on something....

I pretty much only use Soundreplacer and Drumagog

I use SR for kicks cause it never really seems to give me a problem, only once in a while I may see a replaced kick that is off a little from the original ... just cut & nudge and no problem

I use Drumagog for any snare and tom replacement ... works good for inconsistent hitters who maybe plow through a drum roll in one spot and then just tickle the drums in the next. If I know where the changes are I can just adjust the sensitivity on the fly and so far it seems to catch pretty much everything

Only thing I never understood and this is only a visual thing, a lot of times the replaced hits, the wave form looks really funky compared to the original. Like I said though, its a visual thing I guess because it still sounds fine

I also only ever use Drumagog inserted on the main track and then bouncing via bus to another to print. Its not something I keep open and running for any mixes. Just seems to work best for me that way

I use Drumagog. I tried TL Rehab and loved it, but just don't have the cash for it.

No matter what program I use, I end up printing all the tracks and checking the alignment manually, so Drumagog's little misses don't really bother me.