TM video & DVD news

Bryant said:
Thanks, I found the codec at Winamp.com. I prefer to use it as opposed to Windoze Media player.

The video is pretty cool. I like the animation.

Bryant
Hey Bryant, what's the name of the plug-in you used for winamp? I've tried a few, and none will play the video (only audio). I figured anything that would play .avi files would work...no?

:Smokin:

I liked the video, very well made. :devil:

I don't think band recuts would improve the video, it would only butcher the story the video is telling, and likely confuse the viewer. I agree with Bryan in that if they want performance in a video to just make another, but then again I don't know much about how much money goes into videos or how budgets are kept :confused: .

good video nonetheless.
It gets 4 out of 5 ozzy ozzbournes.. :zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie:

Rakosh said:
Hey Bryant, what's the name of the plug-in you used for winamp? I've tried a few, and none will play the video (only audio). I figured anything that would play .avi files would work...no?

VideoObject DivXMovie plugin v11

I think this is what I used, but if not you can use the key word DivX or XviD under Winamp's downloads. One other thing. I have always been cheap about software. Why pay for something when you can get it for free ? However, I found I was playing MP3s with one program, watching videos with another, burning CDs with yet another and ripping MP3s with even a different one. I broke down and payed the $20 or so for the Winamp Pro and I couldn't be happier with it. I hate to give a shameless plug (especially when they aren't paying me any money >:p~) but I couldn't be happier with it.

Bryant

BlindPanzer said:

I don't think band recuts would improve the video, it would only butcher the story the video is telling, and likely confuse the viewer. I agree with Bryan in that if they want performance in a video to just make another, but then again I don't know much about how much money goes into videos or how budgets are kept :confused: .

good video nonetheless.
Cool !!! Don't really know how much money TM has either. I know they are practically unknown in The States, but hey the music scene is shit here. Btw, my name is Bryant. Not trying to be picky, I am just partial to my name. :dopey:

Bryant

I don't know BP, I think it can be done. They could be shown in little flashes, and there are moments where nothing is happening, or the priest is just running, walking, climbing steps or whatever that seconds could be cut out of to show band members. :}

I don't think they'd recut it if it would bankrupt them... certainly no one wants them to do something that would be so disastrous. 8o :{ On the other hand, if it wouldn't cause financial difficulties, it would be cool for the video to have more of them in it, which is the only thing it needs more of. :v}

BlindPanzer said:

good video nonetheless.

Bryant said:
VideoObject DivXMovie plugin v11

I think this is what I used, but if not you can use the key word DivX or XviD under Winamp's downloads. One other thing. I have always been cheap about software. Why pay for something when you can get it for free ? However, I found I was playing MP3s with one program, watching videos with another, burning CDs with yet another and ripping MP3s with even a different one. I broke down and payed the $20 or so for the Winamp Pro and I couldn't be happier with it. I hate to give a shameless plug (especially when they aren't paying me any money >:p~) but I couldn't be happier with it.

Bryant
Thanks man. That's the one I downloaded the first time, but it was user error (me!!) that screwed up :yell: . Now I have it all working. By the way I agree with ya 100% on spending the few bucks for Winamp Pro. I basically use it to do everything for Rakosh Radio--ripping, burning, streaming, playlist selection, etc.

Now that I've finally seen the video-- :headbang: :worship:

I didn't really know what to expect, but I gotta say I was heavily impressed. When someone says it's done with computer animation, that leaves a lot of room for varying quality. (Has anyone seen the video on the Aina DVD? That computer animation sucked!) Anubis, on the other hand, was excellent stuff!! I was happy to see that it looked more like cel animation because a lot of 3-d stuff begins to look dated very quickly as computers get more powerful.

As for adding more of the band--I think if TM wants to get airplay on MTV and the like, it wouldn't hurt to see more of the band. My guess is that they (the video channels) are going to expect something more like a "music video" than a mini-movie. But what do I know?? :loco:

Personally, I like it the way it is. In fact, I would probably drop the flashes of the band at the beginning to keep the visual continuity. Then, for an "MTV version" put the flashes back in and add some more during the later chase scenes (as WIntersReflection mentioned).

Oh well, it's all just my two-cents worth...

BlindPanzer said:

good video nonetheless.
How about "Take on the World"? Maybe the lyrics of this song would suit images of the band rocking :headbang:

Haven't seen the video yet because I couldn't watch it in my players either and I need check out that codec stuff first. I hope to get it done within the next few days, might need further help though. I'm so damn stupid when it comes stuff like that (and many other things of corpse, hehe..)

Rakosh said:
Thanks man. That's the one I downloaded the first time, but it was user error (me!!) that screwed up :yell: . Now I have it all working. By the way I agree with ya 100% on spending the few bucks for Winamp Pro. I basically use it to do everything for Rakosh Radio--ripping, burning, streaming, playlist selection, etc.

Cool !!! I love the Winamp. It pretty much got rid of four other programs I used for all of that other stuff aside from MP3 playing. Glad the plug-in worked. I hope they keep their stuff up to date and I will be a happy user.

Bryant

Gaunerin said:
Haven't seen the video yet because I couldn't watch it in my players either and I need check out that codec stuff first. I hope to get it done within the next few days, might need further help though. I'm so damn stupid when it comes stuff like that (and many other things of corpse, hehe..)
Just let me know what movie player or players you use. I can probably find the right codec. I used to be a techie, then I got bored with it, but I can usually find ways to make my PC do what I want it to. May be able to help you as well.

Bryant

No Mercy ROCKS!
biggerGrin.gif
biggerGrin.gif

Although Bryants right, Modus Vivendi doesn't have a weak son on it, any of the songs would work.
corkysm60.gif

WIntersReflection said:
No Mercy ROCKS!
biggerGrin.gif
biggerGrin.gif

Although Bryants right, Modus Vivendi doesn't have a weak son on it, any of the songs would work.
corkysm60.gif

Well "Mother Shipton's Words" isn't one of my faves, but I don't skip it. It's still a good song, but if there is a weak link in MV it is that song to me.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Well "Mother Shipton's Words" isn't one of my faves, but I don't skip it. It's still a good song, but if there is a weak link in MV it is that song to me.

Bryant

Since I agree that there isn't a bad song on MV, I don't have a problem with "Mother Shipton's Words" being the next video. Her mysterious background could provide material that would make a very interesting video. :kickass:

Imagikafan said:
Since I agree that there isn't a bad song on MV, I don't have a problem with "Mother Shipton's Words" being the next video. Her mysterious background could provide material that would make a very interesting video. :kickass:

If they were to "magically" make another video today I think I would like "Afraid to Die." That one has gotten a repeat or two today. Another outstanding performance from every instrument. The second verse is really cool with Urban using the lower growling style vocals. Much like on "Cyberdome" the years Daniel and Christer now have been playing together is paying off big time. Those two sound like they are joined at the hip. Peter and Ander's work is also fantastic as usual. Peter's cymbal crashes and Ander's bass "hits" they use as accents are fantastic.
As good as this band is to my ears, I think even the mighty Vanden Plas needs to put out their masterpiece to compete with MV. Nothing from 2004 has hit my player that even comes close to this one. TM seems to be progressing as well. The songs were great on MotD, but I think the riffing was a little more straight forward. MV is amazing.

Bryant