To buy or not to buy?

lumitalvi

IkiHorros Hypocrazy
Jul 20, 2003
Tamperkele, Tammerfrost, FIN
Visit site
So I have heard so many good things about Antimatter.
I still need to hear them.
Tell me about the music. Is it really that Anathema-like that I´ve been told? Like how?
Is is really that good to purchase?
And which one of the full-lenghts should I get first?

First I want to hear your opinions, then I´ll go to the record store and listen.

Thank you. :)

get Saviour, it's very alternative 4 like (except there is no metal) 2 female vocalists, and a guy...some very sad songs, some more uptempo songs, its pretty varied. If you don't mind it not being heavy it's an outstanding album. the newest one "lights out" is more of a dark sounding album, not as varied and not even close to saviour imo

insidethefall said:
get Saviour, it's very alternative 4 like (except there is no metal) 2 female vocalists, and a guy...some very sad songs, some more uptempo songs, its pretty varied. If you don't mind it not being heavy it's an outstanding album. the newest one "lights out" is more of a dark sounding album, not as varied and not even close to saviour imo
What an crap opinion. Lights out is awesome. True piece of art and as a album it have a unique feeling. Everything in right place. Saviour has great songs but as an album I don't think it's that good compared to Lights out. Then again I've misused that Saviour one in wrong situations like fucking with wrong girl. But get 'em both.

well, for question one: No.
two: deffo
three: both ;)

seriuosly, check out the homepage, the mp3's, the reviews and you can and will make your own decision!

yet i will say welcome to the board ;)

Well thanks to all!

Umm.. I´m a little bit against mp3:s, so I´ll be going to listen the records to a record-store.
And finey, I´m gonna listen to them both and then form my own opinion.

But I don´t really care to have any Antimatter-strings ,though :loco:

And thanks for the warm welcome, Morpehus :)

@Har* and mehdi.i.e.e.e. :
Well first of all I have this shitty old computer with no speakers :)
And second... don´t know what to say to the "legal"- thingy, but it just feels stupid/wrong to hear music from the internet. I prefer the "real" stuff, don´t know if you understand.

lumitalvi said:
@Har* and mehdi.i.e.e.e. :
Well first of all I have this shitty old computer with no speakers :)
And second... don´t know what to say to the "legal"- thingy, but it just feels stupid/wrong to hear music from the internet. I prefer the "real" stuff, don´t know if you understand.
I prefer real albums also but as a preview tool this internet thing is great. It's the most efficient way to check new stuff really. But then again what am I to say.

mehdi.i.e.e.e said:
whats your favourite anathema album? and your fave opeth?

Um... tough question...
From Anathema I´d say maybe Alternative 4. ( / Judgement)

And from Opeth maybe ...argh.... umm...fuck... Morningrise ( / Still Life)
It changes with what I´m feeling at the listening moment.
Very hard to define the order.

Yours? :)