To Hearse About Thales

Culture_AK47

Dec 8, 2001
Visit site
Hey, I recently contacted the band about getting a promo for any future releases. I work reviewing albums and demos for The Metal Observer (www.metal-observer.de), and this post is just to let you know that the review for "A World Beyond" should be up within the next week or so.

Hey Hearse, I'd also like any future promos sent to me for free for my.........webzine, yeah, webzine, for.....reviewing purposes, yeah thats it....not for wanking or anything like that, sheesh....

Originally posted by Culture_AK47
Hey, I recently contacted the band about getting a promo for any future releases. I work reviewing albums and demos for The Metal Observer (www.metal-observer.de), and this post is just to let you know that the review for "A World Beyond" should be up within the next week or so.

which one of the reviewers are you ?? i read the page religiously....

I'm Niall, the Irish guy (7HaPpInEsS7 on their forum also) who reviews alot of Irish stuff (Waylander, Mourning Beloveth, Scald, Riff Master General, Aftermath, Abaddon Incarnate...)

"I work reviewing albums and demos for The Metal Observer (www.metal-observer.de)..."

Sweet site! Something I should look into.

Sadistik: "Hey Hearse, I'd also like any future promos sent to me for free for my.........webzine, yeah, webzine, for.....reviewing purposes, yeah thats it....not for wanking or anything like that, sheesh.... :lol:

(ah-hem)

Sadistik! What are you doing? What about me? Just forget about me and all the work I've done for this... webzine we've been hosting now for... ah... 3 years! :err: Hearse, you're going to have to send each of us a copy.

Yep. Ya gotta speak up for yourself in this world or ya just get walked all over like a dirty doormat at a shit kickers convention.

I thought you'd have gotten the 1.99, but the tax part didn't come into my thinking.

Here, I can get CD's for 49c each. A pack of 100 sheets of paper (I forget what the actual name is, but it's the same quality as what you get in legitamate CD's) for around $12.95.

Assuming they all have a one-sided sleeve (and no back sheet), that's just under 62.90), and I sold them at $8.00 each, that's a lot of money in profit :D

The only problem is, noone would buy it :(

(after my profit post, this probably sounds like the biggest U-turn in history :))

There are musicians, and there are musicians.

There are the kind that will make music, and sell it. There are the kind that will make music, and sell it.

The musicians will make a demo, and sell it as if it was a full length album. The musicians will make a demo, and sell it as if it was a demo, an attempt to get heard.

Like you just said on MSN, it would be ideal for all bands to sell it at the minimum. Last time I went out to the local 'mall' (for what of a better word) I saw a guy with his own stand at the front of the 'music store', selling his bands demo for $16.95. I was interested, so I asked about it, it's a punk outfit, the total length of the demo was 19 minutes. I mean, what the fuck is that? They had Opeth's "Still Life" and "Blackwater Park" inside for $29.95, and it's nearly three times the length. I wasn't sure whether to laugh at the guy, or totally flip out.

What goes together? Musician and music, or musician and money?