To my Dad on Father's Day

PatrickHoyt

The Darkitecht
Jun 3, 2007
Daytona, Florida
In honor of father's day, I compiled this for my father - Hoyt Gregory Parris aka Rider.of.Theli/Hoyt-Intromental. I wanted to share this on the forums because we've made so many friends and met so many people, that know us and/or my family personally, here on the forums and at the festival itself.

There have been more than a couple bands that have considered my Dad the universal BAND DAD (originally coined by Seven Kingdoms) of the younger regional bands coming through to play shows that he has had his hand in. This is definitely true, because the bands he works with is treated no less like family and are always made welcome.

“Southern Hospitality is not a myth: Hoyt Parris and Pathfinder Promotions:

It is important to note right off the bat that this story begins and ends with Hoyt Parris of Pathfinder Promotions.

This is where the Hoyt Parris factor comes into play. As a promoter, Hoyt is rock solid! He was nothing but honest with us from the get go. After being in this "business" for over 10 years, I have seen the lies and manipulations from Club owners, promoters, DJs, labels, vendors...you name it...so Hoyt was a breath of fresh air.

this was a successful outing, but what really set it apart from most of the others was Hoyt.

We were able to spend some time with Hoyt the morning after the show and got to talk to him about his philosophies on the business and what he believes his role in it is and if you're a touring band, you'd be hard pressed to find another like him.

Hoyt and Pathfinder Promotions strive to build strong shows and good experiences for the hard rock/heavy metal community that benefit both the bands and the fans...without focusing on lining his own pockets.

Bands take notice, Hoyt Parris is in it for the love of music and Sacred Dawn recommends working with him if you have the chance. “
– Sacred Dawn; Chicago, IL.

<<<>>>

"Pathfinder rules. Any band that has an opportunity to work with Hoyt should consider themselves fortunate. In an industry sea of sharks & scum, this man & his crew rise above, stick to their word & deliver the goods. Here's wishing you much success in the future & looking forward to the next time. Bigger & better!" - Icarus Witch; Pittsburgh, PA.

<<<>>>

"Thanks again for everything Hoyt. We really appreciate the hard work you put into this show... It was definitely one of the best shows and lineups we've ever been a part of... I really hope that we can continue to work together in the future... Take care brother and I hope you all the best with future promotions." - Cresent; Greensboro, NC

<<<>>>

"Thanks so much for booking us at Sidelines. The show was definitely worth the trip, and I really appreciate your making us feel at home. Everything was handled very professionally, and we loved all the bands that were booked. Thanks again, and I hope we can be working together again in the future!" Patrick White - Oblivion Myth; Nashville, TN

<<<>>>

"Thank YOU Hoyt! Your hospitality and hard working attitude is very respected and appreciated! Definitely would rock to do some shows together again up this way and wherever it may be... Seriously folks, Hoyt works hard, is humble and respectful, and very fair. Support his shows - he is doing this for fans of metal!"
Matt Brookins, Odin's Court; Maryland

<<<>>>

"OBLIVION MYTH is very proud to be associated with Pathfinder Promotions. Your shows are the most organized and most respectful productions we have ever worked with. And the hospitality, wow! Oblivion Myth will forever be in debt to you and will always help you in any way we can. We have played many shows in and around Nashville over the years, but the Atlanta area shows you have produced with us have always remained the best! And the Atlanta area metal fans are amazing. We want to come back a.s.a.p.! On behalf of Oblivion Myth, thanks for everything! See you soon!" Keith Smith, Oblivion Myth; Nashville, TN

<<<>>>

"...thank you for taking such good care of us (Tempest Reign) this past Saturday when we played The Local in Atlanta, GA. Of all the promoters we have worked with you are by far the best. You did what you said you would, when you said you would, and even went above and beyond what we had agreed upon. The club was nice, the sound and lights were totally professional, and the show was promoted very well. It was nice to be treated with respect and dignity. I wish there were more promoters that would follow your lead. You are a True Metal Fan and you definitely keep the Metal Alive." "We look forward to working with you in the future and building a lasting partnership. Thanks so much." 'DEADLY SMEDLEY' - Brent E. Smedley, Tempest Reign; Jacksonville, FL

<<<>>>

"We had a great time at the show Saturday night! It really stands out when someone goes the extra mile for you!! Thanks for that Hoyt!!"
- HellRazor; Raleigh, NC

<<<>>>

"Thank you so much for inviting us to play last night, we truly had a great time! The venue was exceptional and you guys treat bands better than almost anyone we've encountered. THANKS AGAIN ! ! !" - Merzah; Rock Hill, SC

<<<>>>

"The Local Venue is one of the best venues we have ever seen and played on. Great lights, sound, stage, atmosphere, and Quesadillas for the bands! I would drive twice as far as we already did to play a show there. Hoyt is the best promoter on the face of this planet or the next....period. That's pretty much what we think about him and what he does <3 It's been nothing but a pleasure to work with him." - Camden Cruz, Seven Kingdoms; Orlando, FL

<<<>>>

"Thank you so much Hoyt for an amazing night. That was the most fun I've ever had on stage. You are single-handedly keeping the Atlanta metal scene alive!" - Rob Fisher, bassist Void of Reason; McDonough, GA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thus begins the various quotes from, the fans, the forums, esteemed review writers, and other promoters.

Integrity award goes to Hoyt Parris

I hope Hoyt Parris continues to promote big showcases like this, as the local scene needs it, bands need it and the business needs mild-mannered, big hearted believers.

A BIG thanks to Hoyt and Pathfinder Promotions for all the hard work to make this show happen!

Thank you so much Hoyt for bringing us this opportunity of a lifetime.

Thank you so very much and many many thanks to my good friend and mentor, Hoyt Parris for once again putting on a TOTALLY AWESOME METAL FEST and a great experience.

My wife, Lea and I are very proud of being part of this event and we shall continue to do so because in our eyes, HOYT CAN DO NO WRONG! Everybody knows that. What a Class Act !!!

an amazing weekend of metal all made possible by Hoyt

Hoyt, thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you ... *breathe* thank you

Well, I am not much of a review writer, but I just wanted to say, Hoyt outdid himself this past weekend. Great show, very professional, definitely the most solid lineup I've seen in a long time.

We would like to thank Hoyt and everyone at PMF for their professionalism

Hoyt NEVER books bands I don't love!

I'd like to take a moment to thank Hoyt Parris for his support and guidance both with my trip to PPUSA this year and with these little local metal shows.

I also want to thank Hoyt big time for getting together this gig for us! He has been more than generous and is a good man.

there are those who do bust their ass at trying to get things off the ground like Hoyt Parris and Pathfinder [Promotions]

We need more promoters like Hoyt Parris and his Pathfinder Promotions, who hand-make larger regional events (GA, AL, TN, SC, FL), multiple times a year and giving local bands a decent place to play, often in support of a bigger, signed national act.

I invite everyone to use this thread to share a dedication to your Fathers.

Well, I don't have much of a father (long story, not getting into it here), but I did want to echo what you said about yours. I've only ever dealt with him once in an official capacity in terms of Pathfinder, but he was a class act. When I was the tour manager for that godawful disas-tour (as we called it) of a tour with To/Die/For and Virgin Black (Urn joined up later after Shatter Messiah had to drop off because of vehicle troubles), we played at Sidelines (I think) and Hoyt was more than accommodating with us (even with the miscommunication with the booking agent that was completely not Hoyt's fault). I haven't TM'ed much since then, but if I did, I would happily tell the booking agent to contact him for the show if in the ATL area. His professionalism is top notch and he's just a fucking nice guy to boot!