To our magical Jonas !

At first I wanted to make a new thread for this, but then felt kind of guilty to make a brand new thread just for this selfish little idea of mine, especially one was already made by the brilliant Elishia at the proper time! But I just wanted to write this and send it out to Jonas through the board here, hopefully before May was through, but don't know if I've succeeded. I know it doesn't make much sense with this weirdness but felt that it somehow doesn't feel right for me not to have done this, so here goes:

Dear Jonas,

I realize I don't know you personally, but through no accident it is apparent to me that you-along with the rest of the phenomenon that is Katatonia, but in your own special way also-have become a very special person in my life. I say this because I haven't seen the other guys in video interviews but got a chance to see you as well as hear 2 interviews you gave for TGCD and so, somehoe feel closer to you than to hte others. Seeing and hearing someone who already had a great involvement in my life through the grand idea-which began with V.E., which clarified the outlines, forms, shapes and colors of NYC, simultaneously seeming to give it a sense of purpose of existence, which it in return leeched into me-is now ever more powerful a force for me to draw a certain warmth, light, inspiration, and yes, darkness! from; and it makes the powerhouse of the "idea" that is Katatonia to me and all the profound greatness it brought to my life that much stronger. Man, I'm telling you that if it wasn't for you and the idea you greatly helped to bring about, my life would certainly be different now, and not in a good way, for sure-emptier, colder, with that much less inspiration and that much less impetus to want to look at life in an interesting yet "different" way.

Anyway, sorry if this writing is too much to read, but I wanted to wish you a Happy (but very, very belated) Birthday, a certain level of success and financial independence, the very best of everything essential for you and your loved ones, and not to take your health for granted so that you can continue to bring about subtle miracles and with time get wiser and even more majestic and hopefully reap the unspeakable greatness from the earth, which has so gifted you and started to recieve some of that soothing light in an obscure darkness, not unlike Sentenced' majestic waters that fall free, from you. But with all this seemingly excessive praise, I haven't forgotten to mention that you and those precious few like you share a certain responsibility, and, even-dare I say-duty to the world: by following your heart, you unshackle the hearts and minds of others, which helps set free the turning of something that could be an entryway to an unexplored dimension in this thing we call our universe. It could be a mirror-world of majestic, subtly-changed mirrorings of our difficult existence, but I just don't see it being bad; for that would be the world we already know, and this yet-unknown opening phenomena seems to have in it's foundation a long-deserved euphoria borne from the burdenous bags falling off the backs of a tired, weathered mankind...

You are like a brother and at once like nothing of the impoverished mortals I see and feel populating the earth.

You are the epitome of one of the greatest music compositions I've ever had the privilege to experience- Unfurl.

Please have the courage to follow your heart, find inner strength and you will find happiness.

I think I can speak for myself and on behalf of all similarly-enamored Katatonia fans, some of whom share my nearly-exact feelings but just missed the opportunity to wish you a Happy Birthday: We love you, we cherish you, we believe in you!

With all my heart,
Alex K

P.S., I recently wanted to write Anders a similar Happy Birthday message yet realized that it would just look kind of silly to post it almost a month after his birthday; but I want Mr. Sulfur Dude to know, if he should read the above post and take enough interest in it to feel himself somewhat "neglected"(wink-wink to Mr. A(O)Kerfeldt, Laihiala, Lopakka, Vysotsky, and a few others, on the small chance that they're reading), I just want to say that I view Anders in much the same way I view you, Jonas, in the sense of forming Katatonia, as a talented musician and artist, and a privileged one to be among the precious few humans to even have the courage to attempt something like Katatonia. But I cannot make more comparisons than that because people are different. Such is the state of the human condition, however, that one sometimes cannot get to all that one wants to do. But I'll try extra hard to put out a half-decent birthday wish for you next year, Anders.

Suffice it to say for now, that Mr. Blakkie is reason #1/2 of 1 (that being our collective enamoring of the entity) that gives us enriched soulful existence, food for the "soul" to overcome the many challenges and steps in life. And let it be known here that the author of this audacious little post considers Mr. Anders Blakkie Nystrom to be a similarly amazing human being, for it is deemed so unlikely as to be next to impossible that this isn't so, that therefore we could all rest comfortably knowing that Mr. Anders Blakkie Nystrom is indeed another amazing human being!

P.P.S., I am not Gay, so any lurkers out there who read this and are about to ROTFL can just relax and chill out; but I don't mean to offend or upset anyone.

All be well,
Alex

Thank You for the nice couple of words, Kitiini! I think they speak deeper than that.

And the user above Kitiini's post, thanks also, although I don't know what it means.

hm. I was expecting some more replies, but, well, what can you do? I just hope Jonas and the guys read it.

Have a nice afternoon everyone (it's late afternoon here in NY now); well, wherever you are, best!

Alex

At first I wanted to make a new thread for this, but then felt kind of guilty to make a brand new thread just for this selfish little idea of mine, especially one was already made by the brilliant Elishia at the proper time! But I just wanted to write this and send it out to Jonas through the board here, hopefully before May was through, but don't know if I've succeeded. I know it doesn't make much sense with this weirdness but felt that it somehow doesn't feel right for me not to have done this, so here goes:

Dear Jonas,

I realize I don't know you personally, but through no accident it is apparent to me that you-along with the rest of the phenomenon that is Katatonia, but in your own special way also-have become a very special person in my life. I say this because I haven't seen the other guys in video interviews but got a chance to see you as well as hear 2 interviews you gave for TGCD and so, somehoe feel closer to you than to hte others. Seeing and hearing someone who already had a great involvement in my life through the grand idea-which began with V.E., which clarified the outlines, forms, shapes and colors of NYC, simultaneously seeming to give it a sense of purpose of existence, which it in return leeched into me-is now ever more powerful a force for me to draw a certain warmth, light, inspiration, and yes, darkness! from; and it makes the powerhouse of the "idea" that is Katatonia to me and all the profound greatness it brought to my life that much stronger. Man, I'm telling you that if it wasn't for you and the idea you greatly helped to bring about, my life would certainly be different now, and not in a good way, for sure-emptier, colder, with that much less inspiration and that much less impetus to want to look at life in an interesting yet "different" way.

Anyway, sorry if this writing is too much to read, but I wanted to wish you a Happy (but very, very belated) Birthday, a certain level of success and financial independence, the very best of everything essential for you and your loved ones, and not to take your health for granted so that you can continue to bring about subtle miracles and with time get wiser and even more majestic and hopefully reap the unspeakable greatness from the earth, which has so gifted you and started to recieve some of that soothing light in an obscure darkness, not unlike Sentenced' majestic waters that fall free, from you. But with all this seemingly excessive praise, I haven't forgotten to mention that you and those precious few like you share a certain responsibility, and, even-dare I say-duty to the world: by following your heart, you unshackle the hearts and minds of others, which helps set free the turning of something that could be an entryway to an unexplored dimension in this thing we call our universe. It could be a mirror-world of majestic, subtly-changed mirrorings of our difficult existence, but I just don't see it being bad; for that would be the world we already know, and this yet-unknown opening phenomena seems to have in it's foundation a long-deserved euphoria borne from the burdenous bags falling off the backs of a tired, weathered mankind...

You are like a brother and at once like nothing of the impoverished mortals I see and feel populating the earth.

You are the epitome of one of the greatest music compositions I've ever had the privilege to experience- Unfurl.

Please have the courage to follow your heart, find inner strength and you will find happiness.

I think I can speak for myself and on behalf of all similarly-enamored Katatonia fans, some of whom share my nearly-exact feelings but just missed the opportunity to wish you a Happy Birthday: We love you, we cherish you, we believe in you!

With all my heart,
Alex K

Cool:)

Yeah, but you just need something special to commemorate such awesome days, in your own mind at least. An awesome piece of artwork might be in order.

BTW, it's midsummer now in Sweden, must be so awesome there in the wonderful nature and the people equally blooming, and even better, the great thought of the recent birthday boy's special day still near us in time! What a great vibe, noi?