To Tame A Land

Const - You can just email it to me. You are talking about To Tame middle part right? Not 7th son middle part.

Well..actually you can send either. :D

..I'll take your word for it constantine. :eek:

Anyway, preview mix 4 (or is it 5?) is up. This one features:

1. More work on bass track overall. I think its much more even now.
2. Constantines punch in for the fast bit. Your recording on the punch in was a bit hot constantine (borderline clip)...but the timing was better.. Good job!
3. Medsy's intro cut (to facilitate his rerecord)...as a result, medsy's leads between verses is also muted as is his solo.
4. Adde's fast bit cut (to facilitate his rerecord)...as is Adde's solo.
5. Drums turned up a notch.
6. Noise reduction applied on Adde's 'flavor chord' track (intro and end.

Go to work.

Medsy and Adde...I am still trying to work on 'fixing' your solos. I am having a hard time dealing with the problem on either.

Anybody know of a good tool/way of eliminating clipping from a track without outright killing the section that clipped? Please share if you have any ideas. I'm running out.. :confused:

:deb: Wow, the song sound much better now with a better bass sound, it`s starting to get really nice.

Cool new recording by Constanine for the middle part, I`ll think I can do a good job on it now :) Maybee I`ll record 2 guitars there so to get a bit fatter sound?!

Sorry, Rabs I dont know any tools for handling thoose clips
He, he your swamped with work on this track cuz of our mediocre playing...sorry about that..:confused: :confused:

You can double track that section if you like to fatten it up. Your call. Just make sure you match yourself (and the bass) the best you can. ;)

The problems with your recordings are a good exercise for me. Its forcing me to learn more about the tools I am using and what they can and cannot do. ;)

Believe it or not, Medsy's guitar track is substantially louder in the mix than yours (volume-wise).

I need to play with your track to try to match the reverb settings that Medsy put on his. Yours cuts through much more since its pretty dry....or maybe add EQ. I'll play with it.

Kewl. Did you double track it like you said you might?
Just curious. I guess once I have this, all I am waiting on now is Medsy's Intro.

7th. Are you working on this one yet using the mixes I posted to date? Just curious.

hey lads....

Ive downloaded the file rabs....i agree starting to sound killer.... i should have the intro done in the next day or so....its only 5 mins work.....so keep an eye out for the file .....

I sent you the guitar dub part you guys have been talking about last time rabs.....maybe u can use that part of the bass dub thing as well...that might thickin it up some more....!!! :)

This one nearly done..... cool stuff...

About that dub medsy.

You played that part substantially different from adde....and they didn't quite 'fit' together. I'll try it again with adde's new track he just sent.

I'll let you know.

ooooohhhh shit....whatdaya know.... i did play that part wrong......!!!! :eek: :confused:

Ok no probs....just completely omit my part there and leave it all up to adds..... sorry lads.... turns out the tab i got from the net was slightly wrong...... and i didnt even think to cross check that section with tha original...... oh well.... some u win...some u lose....!!

:)

ppppppppphhhhhhhheeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww........

Ok....the medsy man has finally pulled his finger out.....just finished an intense recording sess and completed the folowing.......

1) Intro for tame....FINALLY....yaaaaah :p The first bar is very strange in timing...but i made it fit and should work fine.... is on its way to you now rabs....and that should be that from me...( i hope).... :s

2) Redone the ending to Seventh son part 1... thanx rabs....all fits beautifully.....

3) And... ive just knocked over Seventh Son part 3...!!!!! WOOOO HOO.... well....all except my 2 main solos..... and 1 section......its section j in the book...or the fill straight after solo1.....wayyyyyyyyy harrrrrrdddddd.......

So my part 1 is finished...... and part 3 almost..... just waiting on your part 2 const...which im afraid to say your on your own dude.....ill just folow your bass once i recieve it.....

Also.... ive started to final mix infinte.... im gonna have the two guitars pretty well much panned straight down the middle rabs...hope u dont mind,.....but it seems to compliment the harmonies alot better...plus most of what we do is the same.....so it sounds heaps fatter...but not muddy..... just need to get the levels perfect so we both can be heard..... if u object thats cool... ill pan our axes left/right.....

Children of the damned is next.... will start very soon now....

Rock hard lads.... :)

ummm... i think ive downloaded the new drum trax..... so its all ready to go.....

Just nailed out my two solos for seventh son..... damn that was fun....what a cool challenge.....i have blisters from it..... they are way farkin hard.....but i drilled it....... :) Just have section j to do and im done..... and maybe solos 3 and 4 for fun.... ( have fun on 3 rabs..... must be the hardest of em all i reckon..... no easy melodic shit from adrian this time...... hes gone all out speed shred from hell...... lol )

After children im all outta projects....... :cry: ..... so im on the hunt for a slot or two..... im pretty keen to play on chemical wedding and even the tower.... tune down to satans pitch....and rock....!!! Chemical wedding solo is incredible..... just have to learn it though......

Ok.... ive been silent for two months...now i cant shut up..... lol......off to bed and probaly oblivion again....... seeya soon lads.....