To the thrashers here

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
I know that there are a lot of old-school thrashers here so I have questions for you all.
Which concerts have you been to? And what were your greatest concert experiences in terms of best set list, best stage show, best pit, and stuff like that? Also what were your worst concert experiences? I'm just curious to know cuz 80's & early 90's were the glorious days for metal and it's always interesting to share your METAL experiences with others. :D :headbang:

I still haven't attended a thrash metal concert yet. But I really want to. I'm really looking forward to seeing Annihilator and Testament next year. \m/ :headbang: \m/

It's interesting you mention Annihilator and Testament together. I saw them back on the Alice In Hell/Practice What You Preach tour together. Killer show and killer pit too!

Originally posted by Sasser
It's interesting you mention Annihilator and Testament together. I saw them back on the Alice In Hell/Practice What You Preach tour together. Killer show and killer pit too!

yea u lucky man. I personally don't like Annihilator's older vocalist Randy Rampage. I prefer either Jeff Waters or Joe Comeau.
Their new live CD Double Live Annihilation is coming out soon so make sure u check it out. :headbang:

Originally posted by midlife crisis
I know that there are a lot of old-school thrashers here so I have questions for you all.
Which concerts have you been to? And what were your greatest concert experiences in terms of best set list, best stage show, best pit, and stuff like that? Also what were your worst concert experiences? I'm just curious to know cuz 80's & early 90's were the glorious days for metal and it's always interesting to share your METAL experiences with others. :D :headbang:

I still haven't attended a thrash metal concert yet. But I really want to. I'm really looking forward to seeing Annihilator and Testament next year. \m/ :headbang: \m/

That's quite a list. There used to be thousands of shows
going on in the Bay Area. Now, really not so many.

Narrow it down. You're asking folks to go on and on
if they've been going to shows for a long time.

-OfficerNice

Originally posted by Sasser

Ah yes. I saw that show here in the Bay Area (at The Omni in Oakland). I believe Primus was also on the bill. Excellent concert! \m/\m/

-Mark

but i will name a few

CLASH OF THE TITANS--
EXODUS---BONDED BY BLOOD TOUR
METAL CHURCH---THE DARK
SANCUTARY---REFUGE DENIED
MEGADETH---PEACE SELLS
QUEENSRYCHE-----Rage For Order

PLUS MANY MORE

BUT I HAVE TO SAY MOTORHEAD SUCKED ASS

Best stage show was easily Metallica on the Justice tour. The toppling statue, etc. was a great visual. Other good stage shows include Genitorturers and KISS, although of course they are not thrash.

Craziest pit was Slayer during the "Live Intrusion" home video shoot. Stick cameras in front of people at Slayer and they go ballistic.

Best setlist, too many to think of.

Judas Priest/Anthrax. Lately, I really could care less about stage shows. I'm there for the music. Anyone in here remember CalJam? I think it was mid '82, at my high school, Wilson High on 7th Street and Park Avenue, the Bruin Den, it was Metallica. If anyone has ever seen the Bruin Den, they know that it was jam packed. When I arrived, I was too late to get in, but you could hear them from where I was standing. I will never forget HIT THE LIGHTS!

Best stage show: Judas Priest: Defenders of the Faith

Best Live Performance: Slayer : Reign In Blood, Megadeth : Peace Sells

Biggest: US '83, Thrash of the Titans....

Hey, I actually remember a few. :lol: