Todays ALL NEW Tube screamer samples

Andy Sneap said:
carnage.jpg

Did the instructions start: Open the pedal by 'itting it wiv an 'ammer
And finish with: Stick the bits back togetha wiv a tube of Araldite

:lol:

Muttley

Andy Sneap said:
yep, there's no rules as they say, and I think even the stock TS9 is fine, This was really an exercise just to show the difference. I get my OD820 back today, so I'll post a sample with that before I break down the rig.

thank, this is what I'm waiting for...

Andy Sneap said:
uploading now, same link as before. This definately has a touch more gain.

Wow, that's really interesting how similar it sounds to the brown mod. I can barely tell the difference, although I will say I think I like the Maxon OD 820 the best overall, definitely has more attack. Still, any mod that can make a basic Ibanez TS9 sound like a Maxon is cool in my book! Thanks again Andy for this awesome comparison! :headbang:

The OD820 strikes me as a little more dirty.. almost like it has more gain under the same settings as the other pedals. Thanks a heap for that Andy, it was really informative.

I think overall I still preffer the TS9 + New Chip + Brown Mod... it just sounds more articulated than the OD820 (which was the TS I've always planned on getting).

ok, you got me convinced. I might get my OD09 moded. Althought I like the OD820 best, I won't spend another 250e for it if I can get the wanted result with a 17$ mod...

and thanks a lot for the comparison andy. u rule.

I have been sucked into the whole tubescreamer maxon insanity recently. And...consequently found this insane thread....but the samples are all gone?!?!?!? :yell: anyone still have them and could post them up somewhere or even mail them to me? batlason@gmail.com

I'm just now reading all this and I agree with Carcass29. I really think the OD820 sounds the best.

Plus, if that is Andy playing, you can tell his Rhoads influence about 14 secs into the samples.