Todays ALL NEW Tube screamer samples

Were all those played with the pedal as the only distortion? What was the setup used for recording these samples?

I´m looking into buying a Maxon pedal (an od820 or an od808)have anyone tried compareing these two pedals ? and is it really worth paying that much more for the 820?( i know it´s a matter of taste, but i would like to hear some opinions on this subject.

I have a TS-9 I did the brown mod to it.Sounds amazing! Unless you compare the two side by side you'd never tell the difference.And even comparing the two I prefered the mod. TS-9 Alittle bit creamyer!
But thats just my $ .02

OK here’s the deal, I messed up haha!

That stock TS9 sample that we all said sounded undergained yesterday (except Nitro), well, there was a good reason for that, you’ll now find that sample relabelled No TS9. Doh!

I thought the difference was too good to be true, but I’ve been busy soldering away again this afternoon for your entertainment.

SO

What I have ended up with is 2 modded TS9s.

happycouple.jpg

The new original stock TS9 I have replaced the chip and done the brown mod.
For the samples with this, I have- with old chip and brown mod only, with new chip and brown mod.

The older TS9 that had the good chip already in, I have rebuilt (see pics, this thing literally just crumbled) with the aid of an old sonic distortion pedal. I’ve just done the cap mods on this, no brown mod, though I think I will, as I’m liking that on the other TS.
For the samples on this one we have TS2 (this is just rebuilt, but should sound identical to TS1 with new chip, as that’s what it is supposedly) and TS2 with cap mod.

carnage.jpg

Just for the geeks out there, and that includes all of you, settings on both TS were everything at 12 o’clock, it was easier to line everything up this way, and the amp of choice was the Krankenstein into Boogie with V30’s mic’d with audix i5

Sorry, there’s no stock new TS9, I messed up, take my word for it, its better. To hear the difference between chips listen to 2 brown mod samples.

Next week I’m swapping celestions, as they’ve just endorsed me (smug grin) so I’ll give y’all some cab and speaker samples.

Samples are http://www.andysneap.com/downloads/tubescreamer

mod kit was bought from here
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7358526886&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr3_PcY_BIN_IT

does anybody have Andy's missing mod pics?