New Samples V30 vs Eminence / SM57 vs i5

Nebulous said:
Because they're YOUR opinions, and YOUR ears, and no-one else is expected to agree, or force you to think otherwise.
eh? perhaps you didn't read the bulletin.. several hours of posts were lost due to the server transition.

and i STILL think nitro ate paint chips.

James Murphy said:
eh? perhaps you didn't read the bulletin.. several hours of posts were lost due to the server transition.

and i STILL think nitro ate paint chips.
I guess you were aswering my question. Thanks, I didn't read the whole bulletin... :oops:

Ok, sorry for being so insisting but is there any chance you make the dry test file aivable Andy? Please please please....:worship:

The 25w greenback sounds sweet too. Other than the Eminence and the 75w Marshall, I could see getting good use out of all of the cabs.

Andy - have you ever used the boogie with the Blackshadow 90s in them? It doesn't have as much bottom as the v30, but it's very tight.

I remember that Krank hype some time ago, so I linked to different files by andy, both files has TS-9 new chip and brownmod/MesaV30/i5. One clip is the Krankenstein and the other is 5150

Andys 5150 and TS9 with new chip and brown mod (taken from Andys Cabinett and Mic comparison thread):
http://www.andysneap.com/media/speakers/boogie cab V30s i5.wav

Andys Krankenstein into Boogie with V30’s mic’d with audix i5. Same modded TS-pedal as above according to himself (Taken from Andys Tubescreamer comparison thread):
http://www.andysneap.com/media/tubescreamer/TS1 new chip and Brown Mod.wav

I think the 5150 sounds ALOT better then the Krank using the same TS, cab and mic. But how does he get that cool "sparkle" on top of his sound in both samples?

...andy?

Sorry, did not mean to be unclear. It's really hard to describe a sound by words you know...

Andy's samples have this really cool "non-fissy" sizzle in the 10k or so (i guess). I've heard no sound samples from any other users on this forum with the same amps to have this quality. It's just that ALL he's samples has this quality regardless of cab or amp (refer to the linked samples in the first post in this thread or the tubescreamer thread).

Very impressing you know....!!