Toejam and Earl III

kleo706

Dec 21, 2001
The Xbox looks like it will be around long enough for this game to come out. It's only going to be two players though. I had heard they were going the three player route. It's a shame really. There goes my master plan to hold TJ&E III sessions in my parent's basement while two other people played GTA II over the LAN and watched the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy tv series DVD on my brother's Mac g4 Cube.

Well, the Xbox needs SOMETHING exclusive that is actually a worhtwhile title. I haven't used the thing in awhile. Hell, even the Saturn gets turned on more often. Of course, that has Guardian Heroes.

Eh they also got Jet Set Radio Future exclusive which blows away many a title. but it's not really a big deal. I'm a generous guy. I'll gladly post some screenshots for you once the thing is actually released.

I have six versions of theMortla Kombat dancey song thing they used in TV commercials and around the start of the movie. I'm not a total geek though cause five of em came with the Sega CD game...
I once screwed up MortalKombat on the genesis. Somehow, I managed to fatality Shang Tsung with Scorpion.

Originally posted by Baliset
i really hate this xbox exclusive bullshit. some games for that system look like they might be cool but i have no desire to support microsoft in this venture.

You're not the only one. I heard from an industry insider with his fingers on the pulse of l77t gamers that some only bought the system after a reliable modchip was developed. Plus, some will only get their systems to hack from less than legitimate sources like flea markets... meaning microsoft pretty much gets taken out of the profit circle.

Originally posted by FalseTodd
I think video game brand loyalty is hilarious.

I'm not a brand loyalist. The closest I come is having a fondness for Sega because many of the games worth going back to for me were on their systems. However, if Mutant League Hockey, General Chaos, and TJ&E were SNES titles... that unit might be hooked up.

Brand loyalty for videogames is actually a lot more rational than other brand loyalties. I mean, Coke and Pepsi taste essentially the same (coke/pepsi loyalists: DO NOT! DO NOT!), but there's huge difference between Mega Man and Super Stupid Sega Sports 4. Funny Greg should use MKII as an example, because its supreme shittiness on the Genesis versus the Nintendo's near-perfect port is the crowning example of Sega suckitude and Nintendo rockitude.

Nyah.