Tommorow I'll get the Soundscan for This Godless Endeavor

Brett

------
Aug 31, 2003
Anyone wanna guess how many they sold their first week?

I say 7000-8000 copies for week number 1.

Keep in mind that As I Lay Dying's new album sold 33,000 in it's first week.

If TGE doesn't match or surpass that, I'll be suprised.

the_drip said:
As I Lay Dying = Metalcore which gives it a 5000 copy bonus, for having emo haircuts and girly pants.

So AiLD weren't emo and wore girl pants, they'd only sell 28,000? That's still a lot, haha.

Are they really that good?

thunderhead said:
I'm going to be a bit more realistic.....although probably pessimistic and say 3.5K.

I think you're all fooling yourselves with anything over 5k. I hope I'm wrong.
Enemies of Reality sold 5k it's first week and they're a lot bigger now.

I still say 7-8k.

Well, EoR sold 5000 after a shitload of negative reviews that said it was slipknot with solos (WTF) and that the production was bad (which it was). No doubt after gigantour and every single review for TGE being 9.5+/10 in every magazine and website i've seen, it should sell atleast 10000... i mean... i live in a shitsicle of a suburb in los angeles where EVERYONE listens to rap and i'm yet to find a copy of TGE on any shelves. Its been sold out since the release date... I just hope that fags at my school dont start going "NEVERMORE YEAHH!!!" when thats all i've been saying for the past 3 years.

Go listen to system you fucks.

/rant over.

the phish said:
Well, EoR sold 5000 after a shitload of negative reviews that said it was slipknot with solos (WTF) and that the production was bad (which it was). No doubt after gigantour and every single review for TGE being 9.5+/10 in every magazine and website i've seen, it should sell atleast 10000... i mean... i live in a shitsicle of a suburb in los angeles where EVERYONE listens to rap and i'm yet to find a copy of TGE on any shelves. Its been sold out since the release date... I just hope that fags at my school dont start going "NEVERMORE YEAHH!!!" when thats all i've been saying for the past 3 years.

/rant over.

Yeah!! Because Dog knows the last thing we need is more people buying the album. :Smug:

I'm going to say cautiously around 7500 copies... its mainly metalcore bands that get the big #s, the larger metal bands rarely sell more than that in their first week(I bet it would be a lot higher if soundscan counted distros and everything)

Originally Posted by the phish

/rant over.

yea, i actually agree with you there, if people around here start going "Nevermore is the best!" i might have to kill some people for not listening to me before. the same thing happened with evanescence. i saw the video for whatever the song was with the dude singing with her on VH1. i thought it was decent and bought the album. then MTV picked it up and everyone was talking about evanescence and im like "wtf! why dont you listen to me you trendy little fucks?" anyway i've given up on evanescence since then.

3,000 tops. Realistically more like 2400. Most artists do around 8% of their total sales the first week. Last two records are still under 25k.

MEPHISTOPHILIAC said:
yea, i actually agree with you there, if people around here start going "Nevermore is the best!" i might have to kill some people for not listening to me before. the same thing happened with evanescence. i saw the video for whatever the song was with the dude singing with her on VH1. i thought it was decent and bought the album. then MTV picked it up and everyone was talking about evanescence and im like "wtf! why dont you listen to me you trendy little fucks?" anyway i've given up on evanescence since then.
HEhe, reminds me of when I got Wages of Sin by Arch Enemy. Some of my friends listened to them, enjoyed them, and now everyone was talking about them. I kinda lost some interest in the album at that point. Even worse, some dumb kid came to me and said: have you heard of Arch Enemy? Of course shithead I'm the one who introduced this fucking school to them.