[tone] impulses, fredman, which sounds better?

Which sounds better?

• Total voters

Dexter_prog

New Metal Member
Apr 5, 2006
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I am comparing some different impulse combinations (as in the Fredman technique) and I need some opinions. Which sound better to you? If anyone is interested I can post chain and impulse details

Mix (guitars, bass, drums):
far far
mix 50
mix cap
mix cap far

Solo (guitars only, no bass):
far far (solo)
mix 50 (solo)
mix cap (solo)
mix cap far (solo)

updated here

You can also let me know what you would fix in those tones or in the one you like (if you happen to like one) to make it better as this is my first attemp at recording something

--

Offtopic question: quite often there are diferences in volume between the right and left tracks playing the same riffs. What should I be using to make them sound at the same volume?

The mix cap it´s the better for me. But you have to work a lot more on those tones. they sound to closed, too bassy without brightness/clarity. It could be a problem of the sound quality of the DI´s.

am I the only one who prefer the "mix-cap"? :p
oh no, wait... there are 2 other guys! I'm not completly deaf af list! :lol:

btw, I agree with what they already said.. all of them sounds too bassy to me..

The whole mix is pretty meh dude and the guitar tones are pretty poor as well.
All the tones are muffled. Needs more 6-7Khz content, and high pass at around 100-110Hz could help too.
It's hard to even vote on any of the tones because none of them sound particularly good at all.

The whole mix is pretty meh dude and the guitar tones are pretty poor as well.
All the tones are muffled. Needs more 6-7Khz content, and high pass at around 100-110Hz could help too.
It's hard to even vote on any of the tones because none of them sound particularly good at all.
It's actually a premix. It's just the project where I am tracking the guitars and it's the first time ever I am recording something, so I need to learn a lot.

What about this one: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1643345/zz9...- For The Ghosts Of Our Times -- new tone.mp3 ?

now i can hear the bass. but to be honest i preferred the rather modest top end of the first two clips (far far & mix 50). if you ask me i'd combine the "earlier treble with the latter bass". i think the earlier tones were a better match for the riff just a tad overly bass heavy ;)