Too much bass in the DI?

Oct 27, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Hey guys,

I'm currently producing all the ep of a band except for the guitars, they record the DIs at their home with the toneport of the guitarist. I know that lot of people here had good tones with reamps from a di recorded with a toneport so I though it would be alright.

However, I noticed there was a lot of bass in the DIs, especially in the slow doom song. There seem to be a big peak at 200hz.

I'd like to know if you think it might be a problem for the reamping, and if these DI's are alright.

here's a clip of the di's: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/317666/Eyeless DI Left.wav

Thanks!

yea if its bass heavy pre eq it - load it up into a frequency analyzer and compare it to some other DI's on here and eq accordingly if you need to

Passive pickups shouldn't necessarily mean it will cause the DIs to be bass heavy though.
What exact pickups are you using?

When I think bass heavy, I think Tone Zone - god I hate that pickup (and I mean hate, the JB I just don't like, for reference :p), blecchh :yuk:

When I think bass heavy, I think Tone Zone - god I hate that pickup (and I mean hate, the JB I just don't like, for reference :p), blecchh :yuk:

Tone Zone in the sevenstring format is even worse dude, wait till you hear that one:erk: