Lasse & Mago DI Pack (real drums on the backingtrack)

Pardon my ignorance, but just trying to sort it out in my head. The Lasse Mago DI track riffing---what metal subgenre would you put it in? (e.g. djent, speed, etc.)

I've been focusing on thrash stuff ever since I got into playing metal, but I so much love this track so just curious. Thanks in advance, hope I'm not pissing anyone off with my potentially very stupid question.

Pardon my ignorance, but just trying to sort it out in my head. The Lasse Mago DI track riffing---what metal subgenre would you put it in? (e.g. djent, speed, etc.)

I've been focusing on thrash stuff ever since I got into playing metal, but I so much love this track so just curious. Thanks in advance, hope I'm not pissing anyone off with my potentially very stupid question.

Hey there, sorry for the late reply, only saw this now by accident.

I dunno, but I always was/am big into Melodic Death Metal...so I'd say it's somewhere around there, maybe paired with a bit of Groove Metal too?

I guess Melodic Metal would be the closest for this.
Check out my old Band if you want, first riff from Track 4 was the "inspiration" for this Riffage. Basically the same chords.
https://harpiadeiis.bandcamp.com/

Awesome, thanks for the reply! I'll give them a listen soon. Btw, couldn't help it---had to learn to play your track :) It's funny, every time when it happens I'm holding the guitar and somewhat lacking desire to play anything really, just being lazy, I lately play your track and it somehow wakes me up :)

Hey guys!
I wanted to do this a really long time ago, but I waited for some appropriate gear to appear at my disposal.
Now that I have Axe-Fx 2 I'm happy to present to you my try:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsdsg18nwcvt1qg/Lasse & Mago DI pack DKS reamp test.wav?dl=0

If you're interested, the amps I used:
Cameron CCV 2B - left guit
Mesa Mark IV - right guit
The IR is the one and only S-preshigh :heh:

I would like to thank Lasse and Mago for creating this for all of us! This is not only an awesome DI pack but also a VERY good metal track.

G'day folks! Are the DI's still available? The original link doesn't appear to be working.
Thanks!
B