Lasse & Mago DI Pack (real drums on the backingtrack)

Mago

Austrian Blech Machine
Aug 21, 2009
Vienna, Austria
Figured I should post a thread about this for those who maybe haven't seen in in the 2 threads I posted it in.

Lasse recorded the drums at the end of the Alestorm session I think, I played and recorded guitars and bass, Lasse mixed the backingtrack.

For those who allready downloaded it: I updated it because I noticed that DIs and backingtrack weren't alligning as they should have.
That was because the backingtrack Lasse sent me wasnt exported from start, so it was quite a few ms late.
Should be fixed now

backingtrack (DIs included)

here are a reamps I made
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3961577/Mixes/Mago_6505+Mesa4x12StandardSM57.mp3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3961577/Mixes/Mago_6505+RandallRA412CVSM57MD421.mp3

have fun

the riff has a lot of different playing in it so testing amp tones it would be a cool tool.

that was the purpose with this set of DI's!
Lasse told me to also add some slight palm mutes, open chords ect. and not just chugga chugga, so that you can hear a lot of faces of the amp.
Was fun and I hope it helps a lot of people!
Certainly helped me allready when I did reamps with those ;)

I gonna try to do something this weekend. I have to keep working my skills!lol I am gonna test the new ampsim anvil also. Thanks for the files ;)

oh, the Backingtrack is more or less a rather rough mix, only Sansamp on bass, haven't really tweaked that much....perhaps I'll update that one day...but it was good enough for the purpose (testing amps), so I didn't bother

This is awesome! Any chance we can get stems for the rest of the backing track? (drums (real or midi), bass, etc.)? I hate mixing with an MP3 backing track. :)

drums are real, just a bbit of augmenting going on on kick and snare (only the klit's own samples...mainly original though), toms are all natural
I'll export stems tomorrow if I don't forget it

drums are real, just a bbit of augmenting going on on kick and snare (only the klit's own samples...mainly original though), toms are all natural
I'll export stems tomorrow if I don't forget it

If you do you also need to include the DI's you have, cause the one in this pack are now not lining up with the click to fit the backingtrack you sent me (it was about 27ms late I think)
I didn't want to alter the backingtrack to save it as mp3 2 times, so I made the backintracks fit.
I still have the ones that fit to the click, but I guess if you upload the stems it would be easier if you also upload the 2 DI's.

that's really weird, cause the DIs you sent me line up just fine.

Damn I think I should conentrate more while writing, made a typo.
I ment to write was:

If you do you also need to include the DI's you have, cause the one in this pack are now not lining up with the click to fit the backingtrack you sent me (it was about 27ms late I think)
I didn't want to alter the backingtrack to save it as mp3 2 times, so I made the DI fit.
I still have the ones that fit to the click, but I guess if you upload the stems it would be easier if you also upload the 2 DI's.

So: the first file I got from you (drums only) were I recorded to fit perfectly to the click (170bpm I think). Sent you Bass and Guitar DI's that should also fit the click.
I then asked you if you could send me the backingtrack you used with the first reamptest, which you sent me via email. That one was something like 27ms late compared to the click. That is the mp3 that is included in the rar I uploaded here, and because I didnt want to render the mp3 2 times I rendered the DI's with 27ms delay.
Hope I didn't talk BS again :lol:

But anyway it doesnt matter now that you've uploaded the stems
I think I have to get a sansamp at some point :Spin:

thanks so much for the stems/dis guys! i just did my first reamping test yesterday! and i used that! and by the way im going to sound like a kid but sitting there listening to a "virtual guitarist" play thru your rig is just so freakin cool hahaha
I was also pleased because it turned out pretty good actually, especially since i expected it to suck. begginers luck here.

Thanks to both of you!

EDIT: by the way i did notice that the song wasnt completely well aligned; i used the first zip file you uploaded so i know but i was thinking if theres a user error here as well..

I mean since i am reamping the DIs shouldnt i shift the reamped tracks anyway? since the signal has to go though the converters again, the rig the cables mic etc.??

What do you guys do? or do you leave it untouched?