Too Old to Mosh!

I usually hang around the bar, unless the right song is played, in which case I hop into the pit. I few months back, I had this happen at a Cro-Mags show. I was peacefully enjoying the set and getting a kick out of watching the moshers, but then Cro-Mags started playing Dead Kennedys covers and I couldn't help myself.

I broke my ankle in a pit and still enjoy a good mosh now and then, so I guess count me in with the 'still young (and stupid) at heart' crowd (im 28). I used to mosh at just about every show, but now I pick and choose based on the band's energy and the crowd. Sometimes I decide that I dont feel like moshing, but once the shots start flowing and the music starts I just cant resist a good pit. Though if the crowd is a bunch of guitar nerds and college freshman (like the last Exodus show I went to), it usually isnt even worth bothering with.

I usually hang around the bar, unless the right song is played, in which case I hop into the pit. I few months back, I had this happen at a Cro-Mags show. I was peacefully enjoying the set and getting a kick out of watching the moshers, but then Cro-Mags started playing Dead Kennedys covers and I couldn't help myself.

I do this all the time, except I don't usually go into the put but try and shove my way up front and headbang like a maniac. When Venom Inc played Witching Hour at the witching hour last night I went wild.

I gotta say though, when playing in a band and there's plenty of people there and a pit breaks out and people stage dive and shit, it's a fucking great feeling to know that you created this mayhem.

Reactions: viewerfromnihil
I stand in back and watch the show. Im 6'5" so i can see over everyone. Dont touch me or talk to me. Im a cranky 38 years

I took a girl to the recent neurosis show. This is a band ive waited over a decade to see. She wanted to talk and act like it was a party. I sent her ass outside

i was once at an opeth gig (i know, fuck off) and a guy started moshing like it was suffocation or something, and he was just smashing into people and going wild, and a bunch of guys walked up from the back and one of them got him in a headlock and they started kicking the absolute shit out of him while, like, mikael akerfeldt was noodling away on the guitar and droning on about autumn madrigals or whatever

i'm a flimsy asian so i don't usually mosh, but if it's a band and song i really like i can't fucking help it, so i run in circles in the pit and try not to get hit. sometimes a huge muscular dude slams into me and i get sent flying

I stand in back and watch the show. Im 6'5" so i can see over everyone. Dont touch me or talk to me. Im a cranky 38 years

I took a girl to the recent neurosis show. This is a band ive waited over a decade to see. She wanted to talk and act like it was a party. I sent her ass outside

I don't like Neurosis at all, but I respect your conviction about this situation.