Too soon for predictions/requests for PPUSA 18?

Guesses/wishes in no particular order:

Amorphis
Powerwolf
Freak Kitchen
Delain
Universal Mind Project
Xerath
Myrath
Innerwish
Teramaze
The Great Discord (Pretty Please?)
Caligula's Horse
Triosphere-
Flotsam and Jetsam
Kingcrow

I will say two things:

1. Fri/Sat vs. Wed/Thurs will be a reflection of the promoter tastes - balance will occur over all four days and should be judged as such.
2. I zig when they expect me to zag. Otherwise, you repeat yourself to death and turn stale.

Further, when you polled the peanut gallery we resoundingly told you to follow your gut.

The only thing I expect in the announcements each year is to squeal with delight.

I'll just list a bunch of bands I'd like to see at ProgPower, without any pretension that I can actually put together a lineup.

Hammers Of Misfortune
Thank You Scientist
Triosphere
Xerath
Oceans Of Slumber
Helion Prime
Impelliteri
Distorted Harmony
Axel Rudi Pell (I know, not happening.)

Bands I'd like to see come back:
Myrath
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Secret Sphere
Nightingale

I'll just list a bunch of bands I'd like to see at ProgPower, without any pretension that I can actually put together a lineup.

Hammers Of Misfortune
Thank You Scientist
Triosphere
Xerath
Oceans Of Slumber
Helion Prime
Impelliteri
Distorted Harmony
Axel Rudi Pell (I know, not happening.)

Bands I'd like to see come back:
Myrath
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Secret Sphere
Nightingale
The Longshot - I like how you think!

InnerWish
Lords Of Black
Dynazty
Unisonic
Amorphis
Metal Church
Shadow Gallery
Persefone
Wobbler
Psyco Drama
Eternal Tears Of Sorrow

I need to append my list and add Ne Obliviscaris. I originally left them off because they just finished touring the US. After seeing them in Denver, I was blown away. They were outstanding, even though their growler Xenoyr was sick and missed this show. They re-arranged the setlist to only include songs that could be done by their clean vocalist. It was AMAZING. PPUSA really needs to see their full set with both vocalists present.

My list is short and sweet, bands that I have recently fallen in love with and would love to see on the big stage...

Innerwish - Album of the year so far
Teramaze
Sunburst/Black Fate - Would that be cool to have them do some of both?
Myrath

Bear

Just want to say that I have 3 of 4 of my really wanted and I couldn't be more stoked. Now if Innerwish happens to come on Day 1 or 2, man!! Stand back \m/ Great job so far guys.

Bear

I said Black Fate, but not Sunburst. I must've been smokin something at the time. Anyway I sure did an awful job of predicting, lol.

Dang. Well, maybe most of it. It would've been great to have them this year to play the complete Rage for Order album (30th Anniversary). Todd's voice fits perfectly for that era. To be honest, just having them on the show would be great. Saw them for my first concert when I was 11 in 1995 and in ATL in May and it was great.

But does "the entire album" mean literally the entire album? Or could Todd and Queensryche chop off some of the intros and interludes and get away with it?

It's a risky line to tread, all the same.

But does "the entire album" mean literally the entire album? Or could Todd and Queensryche chop off some of the intros and interludes and get away with it?

It's a risky line to tread, all the same.
Unless Tate's lawyers are complete shitbricks - which they probably aren't - they rendered that line of thinking moot by also ensuring that Queensryche can't advertise anything resembling an Operation Mindcrime set, even if they chopped intros/interludes - and honestly, a large part of why bands do special sets is because they know it will drive ticket sales. Only the involved parties know the verbiage on that contract clause, but I think it would be a reasonably safe assumption that it's setup to avoid that sort of clever thinking.