TOOL DTE Music Theater 7-3-07

MixGrafix

Dulce Et Decorum Est
Well here it goes..... TOOL shows are all about karma for me. This was show number 66 for me.

I got into a show at the state theatre in Detroit in 1996, and I did not have a ticket. I thought that I would get a ticket at Will call, and it turns out that I knew the ticket girl; went to high school with her, and she got me a freebee floor GA ticket, and it was one of the best shows I had ever seen! Amazing. I went to a sold out show with 10 bucks inmy pocket and got in.

Well today the karma came round to me. I had my TOOL army ticket that I bought because a friend had never seen them, and I bought it as a late birthday present. Turned out that he was going to New York for the week, so I was stuck with the ticket. It was at will call, and I had to pick it up after 6:00pm. Myself and my fiance had great tickets Orchestra Pit seats 22 and 23 row ddd (third row from stage). WE WERE PSYCHED!

We were TOOL-gaiting in the parking lot, and a guy named Jeremy parked next to us. Seemed like a pretty cool guy. He came up to me, and asked if we had an extra ticket for sale, and I said yes, and I was selling it for face value $77.00. He was alone and down on his luck, and only had 40 dollars to spend on a lawn seat that they still had available. I told him that I had a ticket, and I wanted to sell it, and what people have said about presale tickets, they usually are not much to brag about. I got the Golden Ticket! Orch Pit Row BBB seat four. FRONT ROW IN FRONT OF JUSTIN. I sold it to him for forty bucks. Thirty seven dollars less than I paid for it. Nothing was going right for him. He needed a pick me up for his life. He is the luckiest man on the planet. From lawn seat to front row for forty dollars. I figured it is good karma. I just asked him to spread it on.

The show was one of the best I have ever seen. Of all the 66 shows I have been to, this had the best vibe to it. At the end, Adam was elated and smiling before the hug, Justin had a permasmile, and Maynard was not hurried when leaving the stage. Crowd was totally into it, and you could tell that the band felt the vibe as well. Danny did his traditional stick toss and drum head throw, and it was like a shark feeding frenzy to get to them.

There was a father and son sitting next us, the father in his mid-thirties, and the son who was eight years old. His name was Joseph. He was all about 3'6", and had to stand on the seat to see. What love that father had for his son to share such a magical experience for the second time. I wish my father had that love for me. It was a true revelation of how a father and son had a true emotional bond sharing an experience. You could see the happiness in the fathers face as his son played air guitar song after song. I wish I had a son or daughter to share this experience with. (tear).

At 10:47, right as 10,000 days was ending, I felt my phone vibrating, and it was my father. I knew why he was calling. He was calling to tell me that his mother, Anne had passed away. Kind of a strange coincidence.

The highlight of the show was the ENTIRE SHOW. Perfection was attained, and it was the TOOL show at DTE on 7/3/07.

Can Van Andel top this? I think the only way were if Opeth were the on the bill as well. (I can't call Opeth an opening act!)

Peace Out

Mix

:tool::mixgraffix::toolgraffix::mixtool::tool::mixgraffix::toolgraffix::mixtool::tool::mixgraffix::toolgraffix::mixtool::tool::mixgraffix::toolgraffix::mixtool::tool::mixgraffix::toolgraffix::mixtool::tool::TOOL::tool::TOOL::TOOL::tool::mixgraffix::toolgraffix::mixtool::tool::mixgraffix::toolgraffix::mixtool::tool::mixgraffix::toolgraffix::mixtool::tool::mixgraffix::toolgraffix::mixtool::tool::mixgraffix::toolgraffix::mixtool::tool::TOOL::tool::TOOL::TOOL:

maynard's a fuckin bitch, he dropped the mic and left without saying a fuckin word after the show I went to. What kind of egotistical asshat does that? srsly.

no we actually have great crowds, and how hard is it to say at least "thanks for coming" after the show is over? I definately didnt get my 70 dollars worth.

sorry but isnt anne your grandmother? wtf is wrong with you?

seriously, you forgot to take your meds or something?

I know you are a TOOL fan as well, and yes Anne is my grandmother. If you know anything about the song 10,000 days, it is about a son losing his mother, and that is exactly what happened at that moment. My father's mother passed away after years and years of cancer, diabetes, and dementia. She finally went home to her heaven. Some people believe and some people do not. The irony of it is the phone call was at the point where the lyrics say "fetch me the spirit the son and the father, tell them their pillar of faith has ascended, it's time now, my time now, give me my, give me my wings".

No more no less. Just ironic my father lost his mother at the time that these lyrics were being sung.

P.S. I do not have OPETHIAN tattooed on my hands. That is Sharpee.

thats alot of tool shows.

dont they usually play the same setlist, and rarly change up the songs? I know opeth does that, but atleast they seem like they wanna play (and mike makes funny jokes) Dont get me wrong, i like tool (top 10) but still