ISIS/TooL in Toronto

Stimuli

Crazy Bastard
Jun 16, 2005
Toronto
What can I say... a night to remember indeed...too much to say so ill keep it short...

me and a buddy paid out the ass for a set of scalped front row seats...but who cares. its fuckin tool...

Isis absolutely ripped it... insane epic jam metal... doesnt get much better than that. Despite the fact that the vocals sound like shit on CD. the singer is truly very talented and live he sounds much much better...

Tool is probably the most solid, well-rehearsed and tight bands in the world. I dare say even more so than nerds like DT...Their live sound is fucking epic and monstrous and the whole first set was filled with various cool alterations to the songs. Insane stage show with lots of screens, lazers, smoke and lights... very Floydian indeed!!!

The concert lived up to everything I've ever heard about a live TooL show and im happy i was able to see it considering they prolly wont play for a very long time. I just cant understand how anyone could hate on tool for anything other than superficial reasons...

easily one of the best bands ever...

set-list (or what i remember of it)

Stinkfist
The Pot
Jambi
46 and 2
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Schism
Wings for Marie
10,000 days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenema

I heard they were flat out horrible on this tour compared to previous ones. I saw them in 2002 and it was one of the best concerts I've ever witnessed. I was supposed to go last night but couldn't get in touch with the guy who was supposed to sell me the ticket (his fault, not mine) and decided to go to Day of the Equinox 2 instead. It ended up being amazing and I'm 90% sure it beat the fuck out of sitting out on the lawn in the rain at the Amphitheatre.

Stimuli said:
Isis absolutely ripped it... insane epic jam metal... doesnt get much better than that. Despite the fact that the vocals sound like shit on CD. the singer is truly very talented and live he sounds much much better...

Aaron has improved his vocals SOOOO much since the last album. His clean vocals on the new one are fucking beautiful!

shame on me for not knowing there was a newer Isis album...

Maynard sang all the parts... I would have never guessed that he was sick previously on the tour. He is clearly feeling much better... the vocals were defenitly one of the highlights of the show... and - much like the other instruments - there were slight differences in the live performance if compared to the album... i really like seeing that at shows...Maynard had a keyboard beside him where he would play background synth or alter his vocals in various ways. Even when his voice had lots of effects he was clearly still singing extremely well...

like i said... I can honestly say I've never seen a band "nail" a set like Tool did. Those fuckers were tight! And thats not easy with a Tool song.. especially with all the added intros and altered climaxes...maybe Steve Vai Band did an equally good job when I saw them last year...but anyone going to the show is in for a treat.

Sober was part of the list on the early dates.

They better play something from Undertow on Friday.

They're were really awesome when I saw them this summer in Gothenburg. Amazing concert! The best part was definatly when you thought it was over, and Maynard suddenly starts the "sighing" in the start of Ænima.. Their best song!!

They better play something from Undertow on Friday.

Nope. None of that stuff on this leg of the tour. Did the lack of Undertow material diminish the experience for you?

I would love to hear Sober....On Monday.

This one is not in the current set list, either. I think they're moving away from most of the older material for now.

They're were really awesome when I saw them this summer in Gothenburg. Amazing concert!

Didn't he say something like 'black shirts are out'? What a load of BS! Black is Black, baby. It will never be out. I read about that comment before attending the show on 9/18 and subsequently wore my DT skull hoodie (with black Lateralus girlie underneath). :D

Also took some cell phone pics/videos of my big day at the Arena. Was seated in the nosebleed section so they're not the greatest.

Words: http://www.eyesoffyr.com/siteupdates.shtml

wildfyr said:
Didn't he say something like 'black shirts are out'? What a load of BS! Black is Black, baby. It will never be out. I read about that comment before attending the show on 9/18 and subsequently wore my DT skull hoodie (with black Lateralus girlie underneath). :D
I think he only said it because the merch stand ran out of black shirts, if I remember reading correctly.
On another note, that setlist looks great. I hope they play something like that in February. As long as I get Wings though, I don't mind what else they play.

belgarath68 said:
I think he only said it because the merch stand ran out of black shirts, if I remember reading correctly.
On another note, that setlist looks great. I hope they play something like that in February. As long as I get Wings though, I don't mind what else they play.

Ahh. I see. It's all in the context. Thanks for clearing that up!