TOOL-10000 days

I like it also. Vicarious is a fantastic song, I was listening to it constantly for the first couple of days after getting 10000 days. The rest of the album isn't quite as good, but still pretty good.
7/10

DoomLordDTR said:
They are on the path towards crap, It is like they threw this album together in a couple of sittings, rather then constant revision of lyrics and music to get the flow, Tool seemed to deliver on every other release. Saying that the album isn't too bad but it isn't overly great either. Some nice time changes (I a sure Adam commented on the band's fondness of Meshuggah before the release) and Riffs here and there. The lyrics are too straight forward in a few songs, Where in Lateralus, a song's lyrics could have several meanings and took many repeat listens to decipher, This album can be figured out after 2-3 listens.

they spent two years (i think) writing this album, they didn't just "throw it together in a couple of sittings"

it isn't tool's best work though, i was slightly dissapointed. It does have some amazing moments in it though

3,4, and 11 synch-up is confirmed by me. It is really muddy at some parts, but there are too many parts that go together for it to be a coincidence. What you have to do is rip those three tracks off. Put them in an editor (audacity is good) on different tracks. So, 4 and 11 start at the same time. Then, zoom in a lot and synch up the end of track three to the end of track four. If you don't believe me, try doing it wrong. You can tell from the difference that this is for real. It has reaaly cool stuff like echoes and crap, and then synchs, and ythen goes off again, it is so cool. THe only problem is that since daney doesn't use a metronome, he lost a microbeat of time somewhere on one of the tracks that keeps it from being completly crisp.

I'm not a big "Tool" fan but, I picked it up after sampling the CD at the store.

I've had it for a couple of weeks now. I like "Vicarious", "Jambi", "The Pot", and "Right In Two".

I like 4 songs out of 10. I woudn't call it a great CD but, those 4 songs I like are really strong , in my opinion.

Best CD of the year , so far. It's been a weak year though.

this is definitly a great cd my freinds. you just have to listen to it closely. wings for marie and the winger for instance is about his mother(which is how this album got its name.there was roufly 10,000 days between his mom being diagnosed with cancer and her death.)my personal favorites of this cd are vicarious(true tool style song) The pot(truly a new form for tool but definitly welcome) and rosetta stoned(don't exactly know what to say about this song....)but i find my self listening to this cd repeatedly every single time i put it in and it somehow sooths me.i would definitly give this thing an 8/10

It's very good. I had high hopes for it, and I wasnt let down. Yeah, some of the songs do tend to be overlong, but some have grown on me. When i first heard Rosetta Stoned, I was a bit dissapointed, but it's one of the songs thats growing on me. I give it an 8/10

good album, still TOOL lacks the appeal to me, but i'm not big on progressive metal

i'd give it a 7

I was huge Tool fan after Undertow was released and to some extent with Aenima. However, this whole "Maynard the drug shaman" gimmick just turns me off a bit. Musically, Tool is better than most anything you will hear on the radio, other than that, if I want "prog" I will listen to Porcupine Tree. For me, Katatonia has filled the musical niche that Tool once filled for me.

Amazing Album 9/10

At first I hated the album but after a few more listens I was able to pick it apart and realize how amazing it is. Lateralus is however the apex of the bands abilities.

1. Lateralus
2. Aenima
3. 10,000 Days
4. Undertow
5. Opiate

If Opiate is your favorite album by Tool then I'm not sure if you understand or really like Tool because what makes Tool is the progression from Opiate forward... although Opiate is pretty darn good to ;-)

I love the album, but in my opinion, it needs less interlude and more music. I enjoy the "Lipan Conjuring" and "Lost Keys" tracks, but if the album is going to have a large amount of intros, they need to be split apart by more music.

This album is great 9/10 the title track 10,000 days is really good. But I think alot of people where hoping for a song matching up to Schism or other great tool. But a really good album

Its a great album but not as good as Lateralus. I think the band really hit their peak with Lateralus, Im not sure if they will ever be able to top it.

After listening to Lateralus to death in 2001/2002 I couldn't wait for a follow up. I am quite disappointed that this is it. I spun it twice before becoming completely bored of it. I think TOOL has seen its day and the new direction they had taken really defuses any love I had for them previously.

Hmm...some people say that Tool is a band of"super names" (Yeah...Jeordie White, Howerdel, Keenan), but now they are doing nothing.I think they just follow their own idea, style, and they absolutelly know what to do from A to Z. They're not borring, the same for years.They just keep their own plan. I love them, nobody makes such excellent mood as Keenan, and the guitar is....you know what band is it, after half of sec. playing

P.S. But Aenima is my number one!!

It is so interesting to observe people's reactions to this. Since I had heard that it sucked, I wasn't really expecting anything. It grew on me the same way that other tool albums did. I really think that tool has just been getting better and better. WHy do people dislike 10000 days? I find it one of the most amazing CDs ever released.