Best Tool Album?

Obtuse

Feb 4, 2008
Vancouver
Hey everyone... sorry if this has been discussed before, but which album would you suggest to a brand-new Tool fan? I bought 10,000 Days, and I really like the heaviness on songs like Vicarious, Jambi, and The Pot. Which one should I look into next? :headbang:

Lateralus is far less accessible than Aenima, but ultimately better, imo. I you find that you're not getting into it immediately, don't worry, it just needs a few more spins (or clicks, whatever).

Undertow is also highly underrated.

Rorix

anyone that says opiate is better then lateralus is trying to be different for the sake of being different. with that albums 4 songs or whatever, no way it would EVER beat out the grand eclipse that is lateralus.

if you like the heavyness. i would go with Aenima first. but lat is a much better and matured album.

lateralus>aenima>>undertow>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>10,000 days (of boredom).

I used to like Aenima alot when I was 12 years old, haven't listened to later stuff. The songs on the radio don't interest me.

Anything Keenan sings on is great!!!!!

But 10,000 Days and Lateralus are equally amazing, Aenima is classic and if your really enjoy Tool Undertow rocks. Then the first 2 releases by A Perfect Circle are a must and Im really enjoying the new Pucifer release, "Moma Said" is a good track to test the waters with.

I cant wait for the next Tool album, I hear they are already writing it.